GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

There is not a lot of blue on there – what have you sent since the CCA request?

When you sent the request, was it the proper one for overdrafts?

SH

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was the o/d letter i sent. They replied saying it was partially excluded. The only other correspondence is as in my diary and have not heard from them for nearly a year. Didnt think i could be that lucky!

Comment

Some of those letters from Carter should really have been responded to, especially the one which threatened court, but, never mind as you successfully saw him off.

As this is a new leech on the block, I would respond with a version of the A/C Sold Whilst In Dispute letter, specially amended to replace the Sections 77-79 references with the appropriate legislation for overdrafts.

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - spent2much UE diary

My limited experience of Arc (on the forum, not personal) suggests that they are highly argumentative, but also largely impotent.

SH

Comment

Sorry, i did send the Threat by creditor Threat-o-gram-letter before action in May but didnt update my diary correctly. I'll get the new letter sorted and sent off. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
            OVERDRAFT with Nationwide B/S
            £800
            NOT PAYING
            Last interest paid 06/08/2011 now changed bank acc
            Default date:14/02/2012
            13/12/2011..Letter received. Pay up or will register a default notice'and instruct KPR to collect and could commence legal action
            04/01/2012..Default notice issued on 31/12/2011. Balance £841
            24/01/2012..Pre-debt collection notice received. If i dont pay as required by DN they will instruct KPR to recover full balance.Could involve legal action. KPR is the business name of Nationwide
            17/02/2012..Letter from KPR. Formal Demand for Payment. Nationwide have passed the account over to recover debt.Committed to being fair and reasonable so contact to make arrangement to pay. Nationwide is considering ccj or decree. Would then enforce the judgement by charging order,attachment of earnings etc.alternatively account may be passed to external debt collectors
            02/03/2012..letter from KPR. Offering me the opportunity to pay a significantly reduced one off discounted sum.Benefits .. no CCJ,no legal costs,will improve future credit rating and account will be closed and remaining balance written off. To take advantage ring immediately to discuss what discount is available. Offer only open for 7 days.
            16/03 2012...Letter from KPR. I've failed to respond and they cannot allow this to continue. My debt has now become a priority. Must call within 7 days to make an acceptable offer to pay
            12/04/2012... Letter from Fredericksons to say account has been passed to them Balance £880
            19/04/2012...Letter from Freds. Letter before action. Must pay in 7 days or they will take immediate action.List of court fees etc.
            20/04/2012..CCA request sent
            25/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors re cca. This is a current account partially excluded by section 74 of CCA1974 from the application of Part v of the act. If you require copy statements or current terms you will need to request these from local branch and a fee will need to be provided. Send proposals for payment
            27/04/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Must pay within 14 days else they'll recommend issuing proceedings without further notice. List of court costs etc
            11/05/2012..Letter from Fred's. Despite a letter from Bryan Carter solicitors i've failed to pay. They are prepared to offer one final opportunity to pay before recommending client instructs solicitors to issue a claim. At this late stage prepared to accept a f&f provided i contact them within 48 hours
            06/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carter solicitors..Final Notice. May be referred for court proceedings. Now reached critical stage and i may wish to obtain independant legal advice
            30/06/2012..Letter from Bryan Carters. Final settlement offer. Instructed to offer reduced settlement figure ,available for 14 days after which full balance will become due
            20/04/2013.. Letter received from Nationwide saying account has now been passed to ARC
            29/04/2013... Letter received from Arc.We wish to make it quite clear that unless a substantial payment is received in ten days along with a firm offer to clear the balance we may pass account to solicitors to prepare court proceedings
            01/05/2013... Sold in dispute letter sent
            13/05/2013...Letter from Arc. Disappointed etc.On the instructions of our client we can now take steps to prepare a county court claim. A claim will be prepared 10 days after the date of this letter
            Update. Letter recieved today from Arc.

Comment

Update. Letter recieved today from Arc.
              County Court Claim for balance of £880?
              Is this for real or are they bluffing??

bobo
              Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle!

Comment

I've had one for a lot less than that

Comment

I've had one for a lot less than that
                  Did you get the CCJ?

Comment

No, with a lot of help from Niddy we settled it thankfully

Comment

No, with a lot of help from Niddy we settled it thankfully
                      Yay!! Phew!! Thanks for the good news!!

Was panicking then.........

Comment

Not half as much as i was at the time

Comment

Arc haven't hung about have they?

Would you be able to get together some money for a F&F on this?
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No they haven't Pixie. We could only get about £200 at the moment so can't imagine they would accept that

Comment

You never know...it's 25% of the debt.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Worth a try do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X