GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New and confused - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New and confused

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
    Not even worth wasting a stamp on them
    Not even a 1p stamp on a parcel containing an old phone book or a brick?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Not even a 1p stamp on a parcel containing an old phone book or a brick?
      Have you heard how much a 1st Class stamp costs now......60bloody P
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
        Have you heard how much a 1st Class stamp costs now......60bloody P
        Yes - 12/-

I remember when they cost only one shilling.

Comment

They were never 1 shilling.....used to be 2 1/2p that's 6pence in old money

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Yes - 12/-

I remember when they cost only one shilling.
            Showing yer age there

I was too young to remember that, only know what we got now
            I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

A mere baby then

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                A mere baby then
                Judging by your screen name, I wasn’t that far behind (1968)

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                  Judging by your screen name, I wasn’t that far behind (1968)
                  Trying to fool us, you were 3 when we went decimal, well maybe 2 and a bit depending on your birthday.
                  I was just coming up 6 .

Comment

I'm a decimalisation child. 1971

Pounds n pence thanks guv
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They were never 1 shilling.....used to be 2 1/2p that's 6pence in old money
                      The octagonal was a shilling (£0.05p)!!

Ermmm 1840's I think

* sad but true
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

^^^^^^

--> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posta..._Great_Britain

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          The octagonal was a shilling (£0.05p)!!

Ermmm 1840's I think

* sad but true
                          Ok Ok but even I am not that old.......and cloggy definitely isn't

Comment

Cloggy's ancient. At least 150 I'd say

Just very liberal for someone so aged

Comment

Must be past his bedtime in the home for elderly gentlefolk. He's very quiet

Comment

Trying to fool us, you were 3 when we went decimal, well maybe 2 and a bit depending on your birthday.
                                I was just coming up 6 .
                                I just had my Birthday in March, you'll see if ya check out my profile

Comment

Working...
                                X