GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Johng27 - My diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Johng27 - My diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johng27 - My diary

I have been a member of the forum for a few weeks now and I would like to thank everyone who has given excellent support and guidance in my initial findings phase.

I started a thread at http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...about-UE-route but am now going to actually consolidate and put in the diary section in order to add more structure and avoid confusion.

My debt problems started around 2006 when I was self employed. The business was relatively large and successful but the economy started to dip and impacted it significantly. I then went through a phase of struggling to keep it going (and people employed) but eventually had to bite the bullet and accept things were in a mess. Throughout the period, I had amassed a serious amount of credit cards and debt around £160K but always tried to pay on time. Eventually, I could only afford minimum payments and all cards became maxed out.

Around 2007, I decided to ask Spectrum to administer a Debt Management Plan. Over time my available income reduced but I still managed to make payments. I went back into full time employment around 2008.

Last year, I decided that I need to do something about the debt as it would take about 80 years to pay off and was not sustainable as I could not live until I was 130 years old !!

I have had great advise from Niddy around unenforceability on a number of CCA's.

So here starts my official diary.........

Re: Johng27 - My diary

Good luck with your journey
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Debt 1 - Lloyds Banking Group Trustcard

Type of account - Credit card
      Date commenced 20th February 1989
      Approx balance - £8317.68
      Date last paid - 20th June 2016 on self administered DMP
      Are you on arrangement or not paying - No longer paying
      Status - Default served 3 years ago on the account
      Account owner Lloyds Banking Group (OC)

Numerous requests sent for CCA by recorded delivery. Continued to pay but stopped due to absence of response.

19th August 2016 from Lloyds - Please find copy of agreement, please give us your bank details and we will pay you £75 due to complaint FILED
      19th Sept 2016 from Lloyds - Your repayment plan is in arrears and we need to discuss with you FILED
      30th Sept 2016 from Niddy Hi it's
      19th Sept 2016 from Lloyds - Your repayment plan is still in arrears and w eneed to discuss this urgently. If we are unable to reach an agreement with you, we may commence further action and seek assistance in contacting you from one of our designated third parties. FILED

Last edited by Johng27; 13 September 2019, 09:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Johng27 View Post
        Debt 1 - Lloyds Banking Group Trustcard

Type of account -
        Credit card

Date commenced 20th February 1989
        Approx balance - £8317.68
        Date last paid - 20th June on self administered DMP
        Are you on arrangement or not paying - No longer paying
        Status - Default served 3 years ago on the account

Numerous requests sent for CCA by recorded delivery. Continued to pay but stopped due to absence of response.

19th August 2016 from Lloyds - Please find copy of agreement, please give us your bank details and we will pay you £75 due to complaint FILED
        19th Sept 2016 from Lloyds - Your repayment plan is in arrears and we need to discuss with you FILED
        30th Sept 2016 from Niddy Hi it's

So I have a clarification question if I may ? Niddy said take the money offer of £75 and run !! On the letter they have asked me to provide them with bank details so that they can deposit the funds. If I write to them and give them the information, am I opening myself up to admitting liability for the debt in any way ? Or do i just send a letter and say regarding your letter etc...please deposit funds in etc...

Comment

Debt 2 - Lombard Credit Card

Type of account - Credit Card agreement
          Date commenced 8th April 2002
          Approx balance - £6044.36
          Date last paid - 8th September 2016
          Are you on arrangement or not paying - Arrangement to pay
          Status - Default gone off credit file
          Account owner Lombard Direct (OC) - Westcott now collecting

Confirmed by Niddy as enforceable however I am going to act dumb and see how far it goes

6th October 2016 received from Wescot - Our records show we have not received payment IGNORED
          10th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          11th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          12th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          13th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          14th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED
          16th October 2016 Phone call and voicemail received from Wescot - IGNORED

15th October 2016 from Wescot - We wrote to you on 5th October (err your letter dates 6th !!)... Please contact us urgently IGNORED

11th January 2017 from Lombard Direct - We have been unable to contact you so we are assigning to Moorcroft IGNORED
          30th January 2017 from Moorcroft - Your account details have been passed to us by Natwest Card Services IGNORED
          01 February 2017 from Moorcroft sent to my new address - We are attempting to contact the named person and have been provided your address as a possible address for our customer IGNORED
          14th February 2017 from Moorcroft - Your account has been passed to us by Natwest Card services IGNORED
          25th February 2017 from Moorcroft - We do not appear to have received contact from you in relation to previous letter IGNORED
          14th March 2017 from Moorcroft - Monthly instalment offer. Failure to respond in 7 days may leave us with no option but to recommence collection activities IGNORED
          28th March 2017 from Moorcroft - We are aware that we have failed to agree an affordable repayment. Our options are continue to contact you by letter or phone or instruct a local representative to arrange a call at your home IGNORED
          12th April 2017 from Moorcroft - Our records show no contact so we have passed to our home collection division IGNORED
          13th July 2017 from Lombard Direct - Our collection agents have been unable to contact you therefore we have your details have been passed to Allied International IGNORED
          31st July 2017 from Allied International - Your account details have been passed to us by Lombard Mastercard to act as a collection agent IGNORED
          22nd Feb 2018 from Robinson Way - Our client Natwest has asked us to agree an affordable repayment plan IGNORED
          8th March 2018 from Robinson Way - We help lots of people like you everyday. We may be able to get you a reduced settlement IGNORED
          19th May 2018 from Robinson Way - Please contact us asap to agree your repayment plan IGNORED
          4th June 2018 from Robinson Way - Your payment options etc... IGNORED
          3rd Sept 2020 from Cabot - Welcome to Cabot letter. Also contains a page stating that Cabot Financial UK Limited has acquired the account and is now the legal owner. They state that this a notice of assignment - IGNORED
          27th Sept 2020 - We look forward to hearing from - FILED

Last edited by Johng27; 11 October 2020, 13:13.

Comment

Debt 3 - MBNA

Date commenced
            23rd November 1999

Approx balance - £11732.93
            Date last paid - 15th September 2016
            Account owner PRA Group

Confirmed by Niddy as . Stopping payment and await their next move
            Last edited by Johng27; 8 October 2016, 12:01.

Comment

Debt 4 - Lloyds Banking Group Mastercard
              Date commenced 23rd November 1999
              Approx balance - £3075.66
              Date last paid - 12th July 2016
              Status - Default gone of credit file now

4th October 2016 -I have sent a Niddy special stating non compliance of CCA request (This has been a year since original request) I thought I would expose the fact that they clearly have not got a copy.
              12th October 2016 received from LLoyds Bank - Request for payment again IGNORED
              18th November 2016 received from Moorcroft - Possible further action threat IGNORED
              2nd December 2016 received from Moorcroft - As we have received no communication, please conact us to agree a repayment plan. IGNORED
              16th December 2016 received from Moorcroft - Threat to continue contacting by phone or referral to home division collections. Please contact by 23/12.IGNORED
              2nd January 2017 received from Moorcroft - Account passed to home collections division. Also mention chance of discount.IGNORED
              27th February 2017 received from Moorcroft - Offer of discount or interest free repayment plan IGNORED
              21st March 2017 received from Lloyds Bank - Statement of account IGNORED
              23rd March 2017 received from Lloyds Bank - As we have not received payment, we have transferred to Robinson Way IGNORED
              25th March 2017 received from Robinson Way - Your account has been passed to us by Lloyds Bank to manage the account - IGNORED
              11th April 2017 received from Robinson Way - Despite previous offers your account remains unpaid IGNORED
              4th May 2017 received from Robinson Way - Balance reduction offer. Your account remains unpaid despite a number of letters and telephone calls - IGNORED
              11th June 2017 received from Lloyds Bank- As we have not received payment, we have transferred to Robinson Way IGNORED
              13th June 2017 received from Robinson Way - Account details passed from Lloyds Bank PLC to manage account IGNORED
              29th June 2017 received from Robinson Way - Despite previous offers to pay, your account remains unpaid IGNORED
              1st October 2017 received from Wescot -Informing me that they will continue to send letters, phone calls etc.. IGNORED
              Last edited by Johng27; 28 June 2020, 16:58.

Comment

Debt 5 - Barclaycard

Type of account - Credit Card agreement - Goldfish
                Date commenced 22nd March 2000
                Approx balance - £15895.53
                Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying
                Account owner Arrow Global (Guernsey Ltd)

8th October 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Unfortunately according to our records we have not received payment. Please contact us FILED
                18th October 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD -
                Unfortunately according to our records we have not received payment. Please contact us FILED
                1st November 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Offer of discount and full and final settlement -FILED
                6th December 2016 letter from Debt Manager Services LTD - Writing to thank me for continued payment ???. I stopped paying in September. They go on to offer me a settlement opportunity- FILED
                10th May 2017 letter from Moorcroft -
                Stating that they have taken over administration and collection of account. Wanting me to get in touch -FILED
                24th May 2017 letter from Moorcroft -
                We have not heard anything back from you, please contact us in 7 days - FILED
                7th June 2017 letter from Moorcroft -
                Request to go into an affordable repayment plan or discount. -FILED
                12th October 2017 letter Arrow -
                My account will now be managed by NCO Resolve (NCO Europe Ltd) - FILED
                14th March 2019 from Arrow Global - My account is to be passed to Moorcroft - FILED
                25th March 2019 from Moorcroft - My account has been passed to them by Arrow Global Ltd - FILED
                13th April 2019 from Moorcroft -
                We have not been able to make contact with you therefore contact us in the next 7 days -FILED
                27th April 2019 from Moorcroft -
                They are prepared to accept monthly amounts from me - FILED
                11th May 2019 from Moorcroft -
                Agree affordable repayment plan or a discount - FILED
                25th May 2019 from Moorcroft -
                Discount offer for partial settlement - FILED
                4th June 2019 letter from Moorcroft -
                I have qualified for a reduced settlement of 60% - FILED
                4th July 2019 letter from Moorcroft - My account has been passed to them from Arrow Global LTD - FILED
                15th July 2019 letter from Moorcroft - Unable to make contact with me -FILED
                23rd August 2019 letter from CAPQUEST - Capquest informing me that as from 14th June 2018 they will be managing my account on behalf of Arrow Global. They requested that I get in touch asap. Strange thing here is that the letter is dated Aug 2019 but they started managing the account 18 months earlier ?- FILED (NB Letter sent to previous address)
                6th December 2019 letter from CAPQUEST -
                Capquest informing me that as from 14th June 2018 they will be managing my account on behalf of Arrow Global. They requested that I get in touch asap. Strange thing here is that the letter is dated Dec 2019 but they started managing the account 18 months earlier ? - FILED (NB Letter sent to previous address)
                21st December 2019 letter from CAPQUEST - No contact received from me - FILED
                7th January 2020 letter from CAPQUEST - Please call us to discuss your account - FILED
                15th January 2020 letter from CAPQUEST -
                Offer of 50% discount to settle account - FILED
                21st May 2020 letter from CAPQUEST - Offer of discount to settle account for £6538.21 - FILED
                Last edited by Johng27; 2 August 2020, 06:48.

Comment

Debt 6 - Mint Credit Card

Date commenced
                  1st May 2003

Approx balance -
                  £7411.33

Date last paid
                  - 8th September 2016

Are you on arrangement or not paying
                  - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying

Status
                  - Default gone off credit file

Account owner
                  Westcott (DCA)

Comment

Debt 7 - Capital One

Date commenced

Approx balance -
                    £2372.27

Date last paid
                    - 8th September 2016

Status

Account owner
                    Capital One

Comment

Debt 8 - Barclaycard

Date commenced

Approx balance -
                      £11137.01

Date last paid
                      - 15th September 2016

Status

Account owner
                      Capquest

2nd October 2016 - Reminder sent from template section to Capquest stating non compliance of request since August 15
                      8th October 2016 letter from Capquest - We have passed your request for documentation to the relevant department. FILED
                      15th October 2016 letter from Capquest -
                      Thank you for your repayment plan (not any more I'm afraid) FILED

Last edited by Johng27; 16 October 2016, 13:43.

Comment

Debt 9 - MBNA

Date commenced 2001
                        Approx balance - £13298.33
                        Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement to pay but stopped paying
                        Account owner Link Financial

14th August 2015 - Response to CCA request stating from Link stating that have requested information from MBNA - FILED
                        30th November 2015 - Statement of account from link. Was still paying at this point -
                        - FILED
                        6th January 2016 -Letter from Link stating that DMP told them I am no longer on a plan - FILED
                        22nd January 2016 - Letter from Link stating that they agree with my new proposed amount - FILED
                        31st May 2015 - Statement of account from link. was still paying at this point - - FILED
                        22nd July 2016 - Letter from Link stating that they agree with my new proposed amount - FILED
                        2nd October 2016 - Reminder sent from template section to Link Financial stating non compliance of request since August 15
                        10th October 2016 - Link state that they fulfilled my obligation on 21/12 15 in terms of S77/78 request and they do not agree that the account is unenforceable - FILED
                        27th October 2016 - Link stating I have stopped payment and to contact them - FILED
                        5th December 2016 Statement of account from Link - Statement shows last payment made 15/09/16. - FILED
                        19h December 2016 - They want to help me sort my existing date - FILED
                        10th July 2017 - Statement of account from Link - FILED
                        10th July 2017 - Letter from Link stating that they have not contacted me for a while as they have had to validate my address - FILED
                        8th August 2017 - Letter from Link stating that ignoring the debt will not make it go away - FILED
                        19th September 2018 - Letter from Link stating that they have not contacted me for a while as they have had to validate my address - FILED
                        22nd November 2018 - Letter from Link stating that they have not contacted me for a while as they have had to validate my address - FILED
                        5th January 2019 - Statement of account from Link - FILED
                        26th April 2019 - We have not written to you for some time as we had to locate your address. Please contact us - FILED
                        30th May 2019 - Letter stating that account previously owned by Link Financial Limited is being serviced by Link financial outsourcing Ltd. We have been trying to speak to you - FILED
                        28th June 2019 - Letter from Link stating that they have tried to contact me without response and they are sure I have a good reason - FILED. I certainly have a good reason for not contacting them.
                        28th November 2019 - Letter from Link stating that they have been unsuccessful in trying to contact me - FILED.
                        10th March 2020 - Letter from Link stating that they have not contacted me for a while as they have had to validate my address - FILED
                        4th January 2020 - Statement of account FILED
                        24th April 2020 - Letter from Link stating that I will be aware that my account previously owned by Link Financial Limited is being serviced by Link Financial Outsourcing Ltd - FILED
                        4th July 2020 - Statement of account FILED
                        Last edited by Johng27; 2 August 2020, 07:07.

Comment

Debt 10 - Halifax

Date commenced 2001
                          Approx balance - £13785.28
                          Status - Default on partners credit file
                          Account owner Halifax but been collected by Apex

28th September 2106 letter from Apex - Need to send your CCA request direct to Halifax blah blah
                          1st October 2016 - Sent a more detailed CCA request from AAD forum stating they should pass it on as part of section 175
                          8th October 2016 letter from Apex - Still need to send to Halifax as section 175 states blah blah - FILED
                          10th October 2016 - CCA request to go Halifax recorded delivery

26th October 2016 letter from Apex - We refer to the above account and our records confirm that a payment has recently falled due due but has not been received....... - FILED
                          9th November 2016 letter from Apex - We notice that your repayment plan remains overdue, despite our recent reminder - FILED
                          23rd November 2016 letter from Apex - We have written to you on two separate occasions regarding the payment...... we must hear from you in order toa void contact from us....
                          - FILED
                          6th December 2016 letter from Halifax - Statement of account from Halifax - FILED
                          14th December 2016 letter from Apex - HBOS has passed your account to us and requested that we contact you - FILED
                          19th December 2016 letter from Apex - Your repayment plan has failed - FILED
                          2nd January 2017 letter from Apex - We still have not received payment that was due on 15th December 2016 - FILED
                          16th January 2017 letter from Apex - We have written to you on two separate occasions regarding the payment...... we must hear from you in order toa void contact from us.... - FILED
                          27th March 2017 letter from Halifax - We are writing to notify you that we have assigned your account to Cabot.......... - FILED
                          10th April 2017 letter from Cabot - We recently sent a letter but due to an error had the wrong account number... - FILED
                          11th April 2017 letter from Cabot - We really want to help you - FILED
                          24th June 2017 letter from Cabot - We have stopped receiving your payment - FILED
                          24th April 2018 letter from Cabot- Response in request for information under CCA. They are unable to get the information requested so until they can, they state that the debt is unenforceable -
                          FILED and put away safely as this a key document.
                          Last edited by Johng27; 4 July 2020, 10:45.

Comment

well done, sometimes adding it up is the hard bit.

let's get it sorted now, a long road but not impossible, lots of us on here have shepherded a similar amount through to SB so it definitely can be done.

just come back to us everytime you get a letter and someone will keep you right until you get wise to all the nasty wee tricks

xxx

Comment

Debt 11 - Barclaycard

Date commenced

Approx balance -
                              £12889.02

Date last paid
                              - 8th September 2016

Status
                              - Default gone off partners credit file

Account owner
                              Debt Managers administer it now with Arrow Global

30th September 2016 letter recieved from Debt Managers - We would like to offer you 40% discount. blah blah blah FILED
                              8th October 2016 - CCA request sent to Debt Managers and payment stopped
                              Last edited by Johng27; 16 October 2016, 13:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X