GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script linnite's diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

linnite's diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Its not clear from your entries whether you ever sent CCA S.78 on all or any of these Debts.
    If you did perhaps you could update your Diary to show whether Niddy said these were UE or not.

Do you have the filed paper work for your Debts or Not?
    Have you Paid PPI on any of these?

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Different from 2014 is we now have some decent equity in our home, but with a poor credit record again though, borrowing against our home for any decent sort of interest rate isn't an option.

It does probably mean we could organise to avoid CCJ as an outcome if we miscalculate though. Our last actual default was 3 years ago but we have current arrears including mortgage, all with arrangements to pay in place.

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied
    Hi,

A real blast from the past....clearly I didn't do anything with all this at the time, just been doing a bit of digging around these last couple of days. I hope you might be prepared to give a bit of further advice. Can't believe this was nearly 4 years ago! I will edit my list of creditors above in a moment.

Instead of doing the UE 3 1/2 years ago, we arranged a massively lower DMP payment. A few months ago we went it alone and left StepChange, but I am really fed up and bored of these ancient debts. Given we remain rubbish with money we have some newer, but smaller and easier, current financial difficulites to solve, so we just don't need this old stuff in our headspace. We have just stopped all payments for a couple of months, some creditors have been straight in touch, some I have had no correspondence from for about 9 months, since we parted company with StepChange.

A few general points and questions if anyone has any time to spare...

All my creditors will have signatures from correspondence about 9 months ago, so that ship has sailed. How much of a blow is this likely to be? Is a signature usually the key thing they are missing?

I feel like I can almost tell which creditors are secure in their position and which aren't. Some letters say if we don't pay they will make lots of calls and letters - if they were secure, surely they would threaten legal action?

I was wondering...can you tell at all how likely it is to be UE based on who it was sold to? It seems logical to me, though I realise I might be wrong. Do some debts where the bank know it is UE get sold to specific debt purchasers for pennies? and then does it being sold to that debt purchaser give a clue that it is UE?

We've got debt sales to Link Financial x2, Idem x3, Hoist x2, Lowell x1.

Under the circumstances I will really appreciate some forgiveness that I never took the good advice last time, and some new help!

-linnite

Leave a comment:

• IF
    replied
    Re: linnite's diary

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
    IF

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Just send one using her real name. See their response for now

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied

Just remembered: the Egg (Barclaycard) debt is in my wife's maiden name - this might explain why it's not showing on the CRA files - but then again they have the association to the previous surname on there so it should have piped through shouldn't it?

So:

When the missus writes the CCA request does she write in her married name and tell them the account is in her old name, or write in her old name, or some other approach?

Is there any advantage in them not knowing her new name, for example? They know where we live.

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

AAD website access authorised. Login when ready

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    why not join us in the Statute Bar later for a virtual drink and an off topic chat x
    You'll find us here http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post420632

IF and Deepie provide good hearty and healthy breakfasts but the rest of us prefer a drop of the hard stuff after dark (if not before) http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post420408

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
    Well done on starting your diary linnite

Get cca requests sent off to all of them. To be able to access the cca request (and other) templates you'll need to register with the main website

You'll need a different cca request for the overdraft...send the first letter in this thread

A word of caution. Just because a debt is pre 2007 doesn't make it automatically UE but they usually are. We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

When you receive the ccas back, read this this first and then upload the cca using this form
    Brilliant post. Can you please copy this and add it to the UE help page that we refer to - even if it means editing my original post.

Brilliant. Thanks Pixie

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Main thread (post 1 edited) --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...e-things-(DMP)

Leave a comment:

• Grassy_K
    replied

Congratulations on starting out linnite, some of your debts and creditors are similar to mine. There will be highs and undoubtedly lows, good luck on your journey

Leave a comment:

• nightwatch
    replied

Hi linnite, welcome to AAD,

why not join us in the Statute Bar later for a virtual drink and an off topic chat x

Leave a comment:

• Pixie
    replied

Well done on starting your diary linnite

Get cca requests sent off to all of them. To be able to access the cca request (and other) templates you'll need to register with the main website

You'll need a different cca request for the overdraft...send the first letter in this thread

A word of caution. Just because a debt is pre 2007 doesn't make it automatically UE but they usually are. We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

When you receive the ccas back, read this this first and then upload the cca using this form

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied

Originally posted by linnite View Post
    12. Need advice: do I CCA a very recent Vanquis one, took out May 11, started erratic paying Jan 13, after trying a payment plan with payments I couldn't afford they have sent me a default notice and sent it to Moorcrofts, who I have made an arrangement to pay £25pm with, on £1850 that is very manageable, and they have already offered me a 70% F&F, so wondering what to do for the best. It's bound to be enforceable (isn't it?) so do I leave it off the CCA's, stick with the low payments and take the F&F one day if I can?

Not yet showing as a default with the CRA's.
    yes it probably will be enforceable, but there can be errors, so you could send a CCA just in case!

Leave a comment:

• linnite
    replied

12. Need advice: do I CCA a very recent Vanquis one, took out May 11, started erratic paying Jan 13, after trying a payment plan with payments I couldn't afford they have sent me a default notice and sent it to Moorcrofts, who I have made an arrangement to pay £25pm with, on £1850 that is very manageable, and they have already offered me a 70% F&F, so wondering what to do for the best. It's bound to be enforceable (isn't it?) so do I leave it off the CCA's, stick with the low payments and take the F&F one day if I can?

Not yet showing as a default with the CRA's.

2015: was eventually defaulted. On a separate payment arrangement to all the ones above that were on a DMP.

Jan 2018: stopped paying. Last payment was on 08/01/18.

June 2018: Letters asking to get in touch across Feb to April, none since. Planning to ignore for now. It's now £785.

Jan 2020: was sold to Lowell in October and they seem to be 'escalating' through some letters are currently on 'pre legal assessment'. If they send a proper letter before action I will send in a CCA request.

Oct 2020: took a discount and pay monthly offer a while ago, decided it was worth it, getting near to paid off already.

Nov 2022: This was paid off as of Jan 22.
    Last edited by linnite; 12 November 2022, 13:40.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X