GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ibiza's UE Diary! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ibiza's UE Diary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibiza's UE Diary!

Fair point!

I'll have to see if I can get the account deactivated, as I think the alerts show as if I've been searching even if I don't login and see what they are about (normally 'account over credit limit' or 'new adverse data recorded').

Looking to possibly move in with a work collegue and her friend soon - they know my credit rating is trashed, but don't know why/full story - is it actually possible to stop the visits/letters etc? I just use them all as scrap paper, but imagine they'd (particularly visits) be very annoying for the others!
    Last edited by 1NightInIbiza; 3 August 2014, 16:21.

Comment

scrap paper????

what happened to the paper trail?

you need to see the letters so that no one sneaks a CCJ when your using the letters as kindling.

please keep everything in a neat file, you need to have a paper trail

if you are going to live with these two poor souls, all financials including the rent/mortgage whatever should be kept absolutely seperate or you'll trash their credit as well as your own. think carefully before you leap!

Comment

It's a big step, but will help massively with my mental health problems etc, and probably be roughly the same price per month with bill payments etc too, so I'd really like to if I can.

Agree with bills, I'd probably only be allowed a water bill anyway, but I'd make sure they don't add me to anything for their own sake! My old housemate and I were linked to my work account (so she got all the benefits etc I got) but a link never formally got created at any CRAs!! I threw her off the account to make sure, but that was a strange situation

I've got key papers (e.g. CCJ that was issued, and some ones threatening things), should I keep absolutely everything then? I got about 10 letters a day, even the postie said "and all these are for you!" as he delivered a parcel and stack of letters the other day!!!

Ooops , got some storage boxes,, will have to use 1 for letters!!

Comment

Definitely keep every letter....stapled to the envelope it came in and with the date you received it noted.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We've got 4.5 years worth of letters from 24 different debts, they have they're own wee cabinet, BUT they are all filed and I can put my hands on them instantly........................

Comment

Me too MrsD...though not quite so many debts.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Wow, ok I'll have to start doing that! Thank you both

Regarding the template for know nothing of the debt (to send in relation to the RBS one(s)) - there's a AAD signature thing - do I print and sign over that? It says "type name here" underneath but I've read on here in some places that we should always sign digitally? But it won't let me sign over the top of that image.

Sorry for the silly questions! I'll get that sent tomorrow and see what happens Thanks to whoever has just activated my account ob the main site

Edit: RE these letters and noting the date... that's a good point, I've had quite a few that say reply by X (say 12th July) but they've only arrived on the 10th or 11th, but are dated for say the 2nd!!!!

Comment

don't worry about dates unduly unless there is a definite threat

i just type the name on the letters (which is what we mean by sign digitally)

no one has ever argued about that

Comment

Hiya,

I forgot to send that letter (it's printed, but been really busy with work etc).

Got another letter from Capquest yesterday. Basically just stating they want me to get in touch and to phone them. Is it worth just ignoring them to buy time?

Also I'm moving - what happens regarding debts etc. I'm guessing they will all get my new address when I'm forced to join the electoral roll - but I remember reading somewhere that if they have the wrong address and slap a CCJ on you then basically tough? So what's to stop them being crafty and whacking a CCJ on me at this old address in 5 years time (even though they would know by then full well where I live)??

Which reminds me, RBS are writing to me at my old old address (Address A) about credit cards, it's getting forwarded, - but they know full well I've been at Address B for ages as my Current Accounts with them are registered here (they were updated when I moved and cards weren't for some reason, this was before they all fell into default).

I'm now off to Address C - only my Limited Company is registered there, not even on the electoral roll yet.

Don't really understand what RBS's game is writing to me @ Address A when they know for a fact I've been at B for ages - is it the CCJ thing???

Comment

Have you sent any CCA Requests?

Comment

No, I was just ignoring everyone else until I understood that it's worth doing anyway.

And now they've all gone rather quiet recently. I'm a bit stuck now - because I'm not going to be at Address B much longer.

Comment

Your accounts are all too new to be UE but it's up to you if you want to try blagging.

Ignoring might work for a while but it's risky...playing letter ping pong is probably a better bet.

You can always write to them from address B and, when you move, get the post re-directed.

As for not sending a letter because you're too busy, surely you're not so busy that you can't spare a few minutes to post a letter? You really need to sort out your priorities...(sorry, that's the "Mum" in me talking...)

Comment

Ah will do ping pong with them then, but I'll let them find me at C (shouldn't take them too long, if they genuinely want to....) to waste a bit more time, then start the ping pong. Some of them have already had almost a year now, which is scary to think it's been going on that long just from ignoring!!

It's only Spreadex (who seem to take every man and his dog to court ASAP) that have actually done anything - and I doubt they'd have fallen under UE etc anyway.

p.s. As for the letter - have you seen the queues at my post office!?!? I was going to do it 'tomorrow'... then 'tomorrow' again... then forgot Now I have a bigger, more organised, place to live (with a lovely whiteboard!) I can make sure I don't forget! - It is a very good point!!

Comment

Working...
                            X