GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Leigh70 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leigh70 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leigh70 UE Diary

I have currently got into financial difficulty pretty much the same as alot of people on here. I have been using one credit card to pay another, making minimum payments and having the same amount of interest poured back on to the cards. A redundancy, and having to commute to a lower paid job has only speeded up the inevitable. I cannot battle with this anymore as I simply do not have sufficient money available to pay the bills. I will list below my situation today.

Re: Leigh70 UE Diary

MBNA

1. Credit Card
    2. Commenced July 2001
    3. Approx Balance £17000
    4. Last paid September 2010
    5. Currently not paying
    6. In Arrears
    7. Account Owner MBNA

Telephone calls up to 3 times a day but I am not taking them.

I have had a few reminders to pay with threats of my credit history being affected.

Recieved letter today saying I am in breach of terms and conditions and that a restriction has been placed on my account.

CCA request sent 27.10.2010

Comment

Bank of Scotland

1. Credit Card
      2. Commenced January 1990
      3. Approx Balance £9500
      4. Last paid August 2010
      5. Currently not paying
      6. In Arrears
      7. Account Owner Bank Of Scotland

I have had a few reminders to pay with threats of my credit history being affected.

CCA request sent 27.10.2010 :UE

Comment

Capital One Bank

1. Credit Card
        2. Commenced May 2002
        3. Approx Balance £10000
        5. Up to date
        6. Stopped Paying
        7. Account Owner Capital One

Comment

HSBC

1. Credit Card
          2. Commenced March 1995
          3. Approx Balance £7000
          4. Last paid August 2010
          5. Currently not paying
          6. In Arrears
          7. Account Owner HSBC

I have had a reminder that I have missed a payment

Comment

Santander Ex Cahoot Flexible Loan

1. Was a flexible loan
            2. Commenced March 1993
            3. Approx Balance £9500
            5. Up to Date
            6. Not Paying next payment
            7. Account Owner Santander

CCA request to be sent before end of week ending 29.10.2010

Comment

Andy,

I feel better now for having things out on the table, my partner is with me 100% on this so I am not hiding anything at home. I am just angry with myself to be honest having been bullied with all the ridiculous amounts of interest. Some of these people have most likely had what I owe them already.

Thanks Again

Leigh

Comment

;Hi Leigh and welcome

Just checking, you don't have your wages or any benefits paid into an account with a bank that you owe money to ? If so you will need to open a new account ASAP with someone like the Co-op (Cash minder). This is because the banks can pay themselves any arrears on your CC or loans from your current account, and maybe leave you with no money to live on.

I didn't know about this "right of offset", google it for more info. The co-op account works for me, now that I actually have some money !

I'm sure Sir Nid will be along later to advise.

MK
                One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
                Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Hi MK,

I am lucky with that one, my bank is not connected to any of them.

Leigh

Comment

Ok, best of luck - when you get replies then email me the agreement (see my signature) and then we'll sort them for you. Yes, you'll get defaulted but all your accounts will be unenforceable anyway so don't worry too much - just stop paying and send a CCA Request off asap.

You'll notice i've tidied up your thread a bit, just keep it tidy and updated and we'll sort this is no time for you 2

Chat soon

Niddy
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Its wait for the postman time

Comment

Indeedio, but don't be stressing ok? come and get hold of me before reacting to something that gets you off guard - you'll be fine.

All the best, Niddy.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The response has started.

2 letters received from the Bank Of Scotland.

1. Default notice saying I must make a payment by the 16/11 or they will terminate the agreement and the full amount will become payable.

2. Letter confirming CCA request and that they are currently awaiting the documentation. Also ramblings of The Ministry of Justice headline -Businesses that mislead the public by claiming that they can arrange for unpaid loans, credit card debts or other consumer debts to be written off have been told to stop or face action. What that has to do with a CCA request I dont know.

MBNA still phoning every day but I do not answer their calls.

HSBC did not sign for CCA request letter that I sent recorded delivery.

The others are quiet at the minute.

Leigh

Comment

Hiya

Ok the default notice is expected - just ignore it. You're awaiting the CCA so this remains UE until they do respond.

MBNA - send this: ---> viewtopic.php?p=178#p178

HSBC - similarly, until they do respond it remains UE - you have proof of postage and a copy of the cheque/PO number right? That's all you need - sit tight and wait for them to write to you.

Comment

Hi Niddy,

I have recieved a response from Bank of Scotland.

They have sent a application form which reads Bank Of Scotland Application Form underneath it reads Credit Agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974.

Only the name and address is in my writing, the rest is someone elses including my signature.

It also looks like some cut and pasting has been going on. do you need a copy to look at.

Cheers

Leigh

Comment

Working...
                              X