GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MK's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LloydsTSB Advance

Originally posted by mk_chatham View Post
    LloydsTSB Advance

Type of account - Credit card
    Date commenced - Dec 2000
    Approx balance - £11.9K
    Date last paid - Dec 2009
    Not paying
    Status - Default
    Account owner - LTSB
    Agent acting - Wescot (Jun 10) - CSL (Dec 10) - Moorcroft (Jun 11)

04Mar10 – Sent - CCA request
    11Mar10 – Recon agreement, current T&C, statement of account rec'd
    25Mar10 – Copy of signed agreement rec'd - Application form !
    20Apr10 – Default notice rec'd
    27Apr10 – Niddy says -:

Recently with Moorcroft

27Jun11 - Rec'd from Moorcroft - we have been instructed by LTSB, notice of intending litigation
    28Jun11 - Sent - "Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation" to Moorcroft
    09Jul11 - Rec'd from Midas Credit Services (Moorcroft) - "LITIGATION WARNING" - ignored as crossed in the post with letter of 28Jun11 sent to Moorcroft
    13Jul11 - Rec'd from Moorcoft - "acc on hold whilst we investigate this matter with our client .... we will communicate their response upon receipt" - read and filed
    25Aug11 - Rec'd from Moorcroft - "MONTHLY INSTALLMENT OFFER" - offer declined filed
    23Sep11 - Rec'd from Moorcroft - "DISCOUNT OFFER - acc passed to Home Collection Division"
    06Oct11 - Sent - "Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit" to Moorcroft
    14Oct11 - Rec'd from Moorcroft - "no calls or home visits while contact is maintained in writing... client believes have complied with CCA request and remain liable, blah, blah, blah. Acct on hold for 28 days for my response." - filed
    15Nov11 - Rec'd from Moorcroft - "without further contact ..can only be held for another 28 days...then it will be closed on our systems and returned to our client" - think I asked for this to be done on 28Jun

Received a letter from Moorcroft today .....

As I have not replied to them they are only able to hold the account for a further 28 days, then it will be returned to LTSB.

"We would therefore request that you contact us to confirm receipt of the enclosed correspondence and to provide details of how you wish to proceed with this account in order for us to assist you further."

Ermm, let me think............ no return it to LTSB

So, who's going to be writing to me next about this one then ??
    One day at a time, with £34K of UE debt

LloydsTSB - For the (UE) journey NatWest/RBS Mint - (Un)Helpful banking
    Marbles - they lost 'em - and my CCA, what a shame

Comment

Re: MK's UE Diary

Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: RBS Advanta / Mint

RBS Advanta / Mint

Date commenced - Jan 1997
        Approx balance - £9.5K
        Not paying
        Status Default
        Account owner - RBS
        Agents acting - Wescot / AIC / Moorcroft / Midas / Regal (Oct 2011)

23Feb10 - Default notice rec'd
        18Mar10 – Recon agreement, T&Cs, statement of account, Copy of signed application form ! rec'd
        18Mar10 - Account termination, rec'd
        05Apr10 - “Notice of debt collection” rec'd from Wescot – ignored
        21Apr10 - “Final notice” rec'd from Wescot - ignored
        27Apr10 – Niddy says -

Now with Regal Credit

01Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal Credit Consultants - "we are instructed by our client to request immediate settlement .... failure to pay MAY result in ..... blah, blah, blah"
        06Oct11 - Sent - "Account Sold whilst in Dispute" and "1st Telephone Harassment Letter" to Regal
        11Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "complaint being investigated..final response within 8 wks" - don't worry, no rush
        25Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "complaint currently be investigated" - filed !
        27Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "Final response to complaint... phone number removed from system ... client confirmed has complied with CCA request ... will continue collection procedures ... including the use of field collectors" - ignored & filed
        21Nov11 - Rec'd from Regal - "recommend that legal action is commenced in 7 days, may be escalated to County court or field agents"

Received a letter from my new friends at Regal

"We shall be making a recommendation to our client that Legal action is commenced in 7 DAYS (their caps ) without further notice. The account MAY (MY CAPS ) be escalated for one of the following County Court or Field Collectors."

As this is a legal threat do you think I should now send "Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation" and "Threat of Doorstep-Visit" to give the something to read.

Thanks
        MK

Comment

Re: LloydsTSB Advance

Received a letter from Moorcroft today .....

Ermm, let me think............ no return it to LTSB

So, who's going to be writing to me next about this one then ??
          Just ignore obviously....... Keep us posted with developments.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Received a letter from my new friends at Regal

As this is a legal threat do you think I should now send "Threat by Creditor - To Commence Litigation" and "Threat of Doorstep-Visit" to give the something to read.
            Yep do that!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

RBS Advanta / Mint

Date commenced - Jan 1997
              Approx balance - £9.5K
              Not paying
              Status Default Apr 2009
              Account owner - RBS
              Agents acting - Wescot / AIC / Moorcroft / Midas / Regal (Oct 2011) / ScotCall (Dec 2011)

23Feb10 - Default notice rec'd
              18Mar10 – Recon agreement, T&Cs, statement of account, Copy of signed application form ! rec'd
              18Mar10 - Account termination, rec'd
              05Apr10 - “Notice of debt collection” rec'd from Wescot – ignored
              21Apr10 - “Final notice” rec'd from Wescot - ignored
              27Apr10 – Niddy says -

Recently

01Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal Credit Consultants - "we are instructed by our client to request immediate settlement .... failure to pay MAY result in ..... blah, blah, blah"
              06Oct11 - Sent - "Account Sold whilst in Dispute" and "1st Telephone Harassment Letter" to Regal
              11Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "complaint being investigated..final response within 8 wks" - don't worry, no rush
              25Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "complaint currently be investigated" - filed !
              27Oct11 - Rec'd from Regal - "Final response to complaint... phone number removed from system ... client confirmed has complied with CCA request ... will continue collection procedures ... including the use of field collectors" - ignored & filed
              21Nov11 - Rec'd from Regal - "recommend that legal action is commenced in 7 days, may be escalated to County court or field agents"
              22Nov11 - Sent - "Threat to commence litigation" and "No home visits" to Regal
              12Dec11 - Rec'd from ScotCall - "Doorstep Collection Notice" - new DCA, will ignore for now and await next letter
              everyone

Well it looks like Regal have given up the fight , ding ding, round seven, this is now with ScotCall.

Will await their next letter then send "Account Sold whilst in Dispute" and "No home visits".

Another DCA waiting to get by AAD.

Can't find the template letter for "You can't collect my doorstep as it doesn't belong to me", think my HA might have something to say if my doorstep went missing.

MK

Comment

Can't find the template letter for "You can't collect my doorstep as it doesn't belong to me", think my HA might have something to say if my doorstep went missing.

MK

Comment

everyone

Well it looks like Regal have given up the fight , ding ding, round seven, this is now with ScotCall.

Will await their next letter then send "Account Sold whilst in Dispute" and "No home visits".
                  Hi

Well it took then nearly six weeks, it's been so nice and quiet here

PRE-VISIT NOTICE - no thanks

"Account sold in dispute" and "No home visits" printed out and ready for the PO in the morning.

Lets see how long these last against the AAD

MK

Comment

Lets see how long these last against the AAD

MK
                    Hi

That wasn't much fun, they didn't even last a DAY

Letter signed for 27th January by ScotCall

Letter to me dated 27th January

Please find the enclosed Paperwork relating to an account we are no longer dealing with.

It was returned to our client on 27/01/2012.

Plus they kindly sent a copy of my letters to them back to me, that's nice.

Apparently this is now going back to my penpals,the Bagshot Bums for a second try.

MK

Comment

wimps aren't they

Comment

Hello strangers

Well I have been popping by to have a quick look at what's been happening but have had almost nothing to report in the last 8 months. One statement from iQor/LTSB in June and that is it.

No other letters, no phone calls, just peace and quiet

I'm 2 yrs 6 months into my UE journey now so I'm hoping things will stay this quiet for another few years, then I guess when SB gets close the debts will be sold to the parasites DCA's and the 'fun' will start all over again - unless Consumer Revenge has had them all closed down by then

In the meantime I'm quietly getting on with 'life' as best I can and trying to stay as stress free as possible.

If you are new to UE then this is proof that the 'system' here works. In the couple of years I have been posting on here I have gone from thinking that life really was no longer worth living to actually enjoying life once again. Thank you all .

Keep on top of the correspondence and filing, it can be a real drag to start off with, but eventually I hope that peace will come to you too.

Keep up the fight, don't let the get you down.

MK

Comment

Sounds great MK. Its amazing that all these stupid DCAs constantly send out the same old crap time and time again knowing that they will get knocked back by an ever increasing number of people.

Comment

Hi

Not much has happened recently on these UE debts but my LloydsTSB O/D has now been passed from Debt Managers to Wetcloths the DCA with excess red ink !! Not really sure what to do now ...

A brief history as this has not been listed anywhere before.

Was paying pro-rata payments when I was managing my own DMP. Payments of £2 something a month, interest of £5 something being added by LloydsTSB. Loads of letters from me asking for interest to be stopped, sent in SOE, proof of benefits etc, gave up writing to them in the end and carried on paying pro-rata payments.

O/D exceeded for the fist time ever (£500) due to the interest charges. Charges of £100+ in one month added for unauthorised O/D. Actually went onto my local branch to complain, could not do anything as debt now with Debt Managers.

Started UE process on other debts, paid DM £1/month token payments while I dealt with other debts.

Stopped £1 / month payments to DM Dec 2011. Wrote to DM asking for debt to be written off due to sickness and disability. No reply.

Debt then transferred to Wetcloths earlier this year.

Wetcloths have been writing to me but using the WRONG address.

I live at Flat X, Name of Block, YYY Name of Road, Niddyville. Wetcloths have been writing to me at Flat YYY Name of Block, Name of Road, Niddyville - an address that does not exist.

I received the mail as the previous Postman obviously worked out it was for me and probably felt sorry for me as the other DCAs are no longer writing to me on a weekly basis. When the next couple of letters arrived I marked them "Not known at this address" and returned them to the PO Box number on the back of the envelope. End of story, for the time being, I hoped.

We now obviously have an new postperson as yesterday there was a pile of letters, a dozen or so, left on the top of the communial post boxes. These were all incorrectly addressed and one of them was addressed to me, from Wetcloths, still using the wrong address but OPENED !! I'm not really that bothered to be honest, but Wetcloths aren't to know that are they

So what to do ?

I can't phone as I would fail security on the "first line of address" question. I guess I should write to them in case this escalates and I miss the LBA but not really sure what to write. I was thinking something along the lines of

FORMAL COMPLAINT

YOU HAVE BEEN WRITING TO ME AT AN ADDRESS THAT DOES NOT EXIST

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL DETAILS ABOUT ME HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED

but not sure what else to add. They must have breached some rules or regulations surely ?

MK

Comment

Hi

Not much has happened recently on these UE debts but my LloydsTSB O/D has now been passed from Debt Managers to Wetcloths the DCA with excess red ink !! Not really sure what to do now ...

A brief history as this has not been listed anywhere before.

Was paying pro-rata payments when I was managing my own DMP. Payments of £2 something a month, interest of £5 something being added by LloydsTSB. Loads of letters from me asking for interest to be stopped, sent in SOE, proof of benefits etc, gave up writing to them in the end and carried on paying pro-rata payments.

O/D exceeded for the fist time ever (£500) due to the interest charges. Charges of £100+ in one month added for unauthorised O/D. Actually went onto my local branch to complain, could not do anything as debt now with Debt Managers.

Started UE process on other debts, paid DM £1/month token payments while I dealt with other debts.

Stopped £1 / month payments to DM Dec 2011. Wrote to DM asking for debt to be written off due to sickness and disability. No reply.

Debt then transferred to Wetcloths earlier this year.

Wetcloths have been writing to me but using the WRONG address.

I live at Flat X, Name of Block, YYY Name of Road, Niddyville. Wetcloths have been writing to me at Flat YYY Name of Block, Name of Road, Niddyville - an address that does not exist.

I received the mail as the previous Postman obviously worked out it was for me and probably felt sorry for me as the other DCAs are no longer writing to me on a weekly basis. When the next couple of letters arrived I marked them "Not known at this address" and returned them to the PO Box number on the back of the envelope. End of story, for the time being, I hoped.

We now obviously have an new postperson as yesterday there was a pile of letters, a dozen or so, left on the top of the communial post boxes. These were all incorrectly addressed and one of them was addressed to me, from Wetcloths, still using the wrong address but OPENED !! I'm not really that bothered to be honest, but Wetcloths aren't to know that are they

So what to do ?

I can't phone as I would fail security on the "first line of address" question. I guess I should write to them in case this escalates and I miss the LBA but not really sure what to write. I was thinking something along the lines of

FORMAL COMPLAINT

YOU HAVE BEEN WRITING TO ME AT AN ADDRESS THAT DOES NOT EXIST

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL DETAILS ABOUT ME HAVE BEEN DISCLOSED

but not sure what else to add. They must have breached some rules or regulations surely ?

MK
                              It is Sections 3.7 p and q of the OFT Debt Collection Guidance which cover acting in a way which is likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor -

3.7 Examples of unfair or improper practices are as follows:

p. inappropriately disclosing, or threatening to disclose, debt details to third parties
                              q. acting in a way likely to be publicly embarrassing to the debtor, either deliberately or negligently (that is to say, through lack of care)

SH

Comment

Hi - 3 years later, any news?

Comment

Working...
                                X