GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 1 LIMITED & HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 2 LIMITED - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 1 LIMITED & HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 2 LIMITED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrreese6018 View Post

I am in the same boat, but if the accounts were enforceable why haven't they issued proceedings and why offer such large discounts,
    For those that take the bait or negotiate then their Statute Bar Clock restarts! Means a nice pristine 6 years to run Debt for the the New owner! Now thats adding value isn't it!

Leave a comment:

• Mrreese6018
    replied
    Originally posted by NotMartinLewis View Post

Interested to happen across this post today as I also received (yesterday) a letter (dated 14/04/2022) from Hoist Finance UK offering me a 33% reduction to settle my account.

I thought initially that the offer was made because its coming up for 6 years since the original default date of my debt (although when my debt becomes statue barred is not entirely clear). But maybe just some wider push from Hoist to settle accounts ahead of the business being sold.

I will try and put a more detailed update on my original thread in the next couple of days.
    I am in the same boat, but if the accounts were enforceable why haven't they issued proceedings and why offer such large discounts,

Leave a comment:

• NotMartinLewis
    replied
    Hi,

What implications does this have for anybody currently being chased by hoist

Lowell Group, one of Europe’s leading credit management services providers has agreed to purchase Manchester-based Hoist Finance UK.

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/york...anagement-firm
    Interested to happen across this post today as I also received (yesterday) a letter (dated 14/04/2022) from Hoist Finance UK offering me a 33% reduction to settle my account.

I thought initially that the offer was made because its coming up for 6 years since the original default date of my debt (although when my debt becomes statue barred is not entirely clear). But maybe just some wider push from Hoist to settle accounts ahead of the business being sold.

I will try and put a more detailed update on my original thread in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by NotMartinLewis; 22 April 2022, 10:22.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    commented on 's reply
    The assignee (Lowell) can only take the title the assignor (Hoist) has. If there is a defect in Hoist's title then Lowell's title will also be defective

• Mrreese6018
    replied
    Originally posted by Roger View Post

".. HAS AGREED TO PURCHASE .. " means not looking at the individual Debts but rather the Portfollio

But consider this there has to be a clear Assignment Path. But this was brought by a NON FCA! How can a sale now change a defective TITLE!!
    Guess who I have a letter from offering me a discout and the offer is available until after my sb date. Mmm let me think about this one. Hoist comedy gold.

Leave a comment:

• Roger
    replied

just hoping it delays things for the next 2 months and gives my debt time to go SB
    ".. HAS AGREED TO PURCHASE .. " means not looking at the individual Debts but rather the Portfollio

But consider this there has to be a clear Assignment Path. But this was brought by a NON FCA! How can a sale now change a defective TITLE!!

Leave a comment:

• Mrreese6018
    replied
    Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
    It makes interesting reading, in practical terms Lowell will take over the chasing for the debt and should be substituted as creditor/claimant in any ongoing court cases. Hoist use companies that are not authorised by the FCA to acquire consumer debt and sue upon. It will interesting to see if Lowell who are authorised by the FCA are going to go down the same route.

We have an almost identical success rate of 100% in defending any cases issued by debt purchasers including Lowell and the Hoist companies. I see no reason for this to change.
    just hoping it delays things for the next 2 months and gives my debt time to go SB

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly
    replied
    It makes interesting reading, in practical terms Lowell will take over the chasing for the debt and should be substituted as creditor/claimant in any ongoing court cases. Hoist use companies that are not authorised by the FCA to acquire consumer debt and sue upon. It will interesting to see if Lowell who are authorised by the FCA are going to go down the same route.

We have an almost identical success rate of 100% in defending any cases issued by debt purchasers including Lowell and the Hoist companies. I see no reason for this to change.
    Last edited by Joanna Connolly; 21 April 2022, 11:30.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    Joanna Connolly Solicitors probably will respond.

Leave a comment:

• Mrreese6018
    replied
    Hi,

What implications does this have for anybody currently being chased by hoist

Lowell Group, one of Europe’s leading credit management services providers has agreed to purchase Manchester-based Hoist Finance UK.

https://www.thebusinessdesk.com/york...anagement-firm

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

• Like1

• Milly52 replied to Cabot
        in Important Announcements

15 February 2021, 14:54
        Subscribed These post are under important announcements. seems no individual thread? confusing when this is done,
    Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 15 April 2022, 09:46.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Originally posted by Milly52 View Post
    These turnips are rearing their ugly head again! Calling my number instead of my husband's!So I will be using Joanna Connolly again. They are chasing a CCJ which is 7 years old now.
    Hi

Where's your diary at, cos it ain't on this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Milly52
    replied
    These turnips are rearing their ugly head again! Calling my number instead of my husband's!So I will be using Joanna Connolly again. They are chasing a CCJ which is 7 years old now.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied
    For the past few months these turnips call my blocked number box leaving a message asking for Taffy McFaggot to call. No idea who that is. Never had anything to do with them.
    Are they just hoping someone will call back, give their details and then be bombarded?

Leave a comment:

• frank0420
    replied
    Hi
    just to update
    hoist could not find my wife’s credit card agreement and have heard nothing since.

was checking her credit score today and it seems that hoist have removed their default from her account.

there is still one from the barleycard( original credit company on her account.) can anything be done regards this?

many thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X