GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Worth another go? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worth another go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth another go?

Hi all,

I did a CCA request a while ago for an old egg account, they sent something back which was good enough for me. It's been passed through a few more DCA's since then.

The latest one I haggled with for a while, they wouldn't accept a 30% F&F, but would accept £1 a month in payments.

Unfortunately, due to my mum dying, I forgot to make the first couple of payments. I'm ready to get on and sort the paperwork mess I've left myself with now.

They're now adding on a load of charges.

So, is it worth doing another CCA? I'll be able to make them a higher f&f when mum's estate is sorted out, but I just want them off my back for now. Or is it too cheeky when the old DCA (a couple of years ago) could provide something. I doubt they'll be able to now.

I'm also a bit confused about the new rules which seem to say that they can just cobble something together and it's binding? As I've got another debt (Barclaycard) which has made its way through a few DCA's and I'm planning to CCA them too.

Re: Worth another go?

As you put it Ames, they can, will and do "cobble" something together.

Possible an idea to start the process again so to speak, but I think what would be of benefot first is to know when you started and when the last payment was. What also will help is to advise when (and if) the account was defaulted.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Blimey, let's see if I can remember it all.

The first time I CCA'd would have been in April 2007. I did two at the same time to seperate DCA's, one for the Egg card (they sent something back so I made token payments) one for an Egg loan (didn't hear anything from them, periodically it gets passed onto another DCA and I explain it's in dispute and shouldn't have been passed to them, blah blah using one of Niddy's templates).

I defaulted about five years ago (it'll be five years in October/November), no idea if I got a default notice as I was in a manic phase and not opening post.

I made token payments for a while. I'm not sure when the last one was as my ex was dealing with it, but I threw him out two years ago in August and I don't think he'd made any payments for that year at least.

None of that really matters though as I've acknowledged the debt in writing whilst offering the f&f's.

There's also the barclaycard debt, which has been about the same length of time since default and any payments being made, but nothing acknowledged in writing since the payments stopped.

According to what ex said, payments haven't been made on either since late 2008 (at the latest), what I know for certain is that no payments have been made since summer 2009.

HTH

ETA: None of the DCA's currently dealing with anything have a signature, I don't know if that makes it harder for them to cobble together a fake CCA?
      Last edited by Ames; 16 July 2011, 21:56. Reason: further info

Comment

Hi Ames

Send off for a new CCA Request and this time upload the letter you get back for me to see (email me)....

Then we'll sort this for you, however a 30% F&F is way off the mark, try around 10-20% tops - i'll help with that for you if necessary but in the meantime pay nothing and send for a CCA Request.... this time though, keep on top of things and we'll get it sorted for you once and for all

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll send off the new CCA (and do one to whoever's dealing with the Barclaycard one).

I did start with 10% to start with, then went up in little increments to about 30%, they started off offering 50% and then the discount went down. So I said stuff you I'll make token payments (although I put it nicer than that!).

Wednesday's going to be paperwork day this week, I've got hospital and doctor stuff today and tomorrow. I'll keep you updated with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ames View Post
            Thanks Niddy, I'll send off the new CCA (and do one to whoever's dealing with the Barclaycard one).

I did start with 10% to start with, then went up in little increments to about 30%, they started off offering 50% and then the discount went down. So I said stuff you I'll make token payments (although I put it nicer than that!).

Wednesday's going to be paperwork day this week, I've got hospital and doctor stuff today and tomorrow. I'll keep you updated with it all.
            Hiya

Ok look forward to hearing from you - if I miss any updates please PM me the linky to remind me

Chat soon.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X