GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script UE Journey Begins - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UE Journey Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UE Journey Begins

After about 10 years with Step Change I have decided to go the UE route. Eleven creditors and 41k of debt!! I would be struggling to pay this back before retirement, I have diligently paid Through Step Change and sacrificied a lot, no holidays, no pension etc. CCA requests have been sent to all creditors since mid March. Only two replies to date one which stated a debt of £400 (my lowest) was UE 😀 and one from Capital One which I believe is an UE reconstituted agreement. All debts are CC's dating back to mid 1990's so hoping for the best!

Re: UE Journey Begins

Hi and welcome to AAD. I recommend you read all about the unenforceable route and this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-Read-me-First! Then start your own thread and have a new post for each debt.
    Just make sure that you now keep all your paperwork, including envelopes. Do not speak to anyone on the phone and ask questions.
    Good luck.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
      After about 10 years with Step Change I have decided to go the UE route. Eleven creditors and 41k of debt!! I would be struggling to pay this back before retirement, I have diligently paid Through Step Change and sacrificied a lot, no holidays, no pension etc. CCA requests have been sent to all creditors since mid March. Only two replies to date one which stated a debt of £400 (my lowest) was UE  and one from Capital One which I believe is an UE reconstituted agreement. All debts are CC's dating back to mid 1990's so hoping for the best!
      Hi RhodriMawr. good luck on your quest. And just to add. you are in good hands here. Lots of splendid people willing to help. take care

Comment

I have decided to go the UE route. Eleven creditors and 41k of debt!!

. . . . CCA requests have been sent to all creditors since mid March. Only two replies to date one which stated a debt of £400 (my lowest) was UE and one from Capital One which I believe is an UE reconstituted agreement. All debts are CC's dating back to mid 1990's so hoping for the best!
        You've made a good decision especially since you say the accounts were opened in the 1990s.

In which case I look forward to reading eleven posts with details of each debt so we can get stuck in. Post up every time one of them writes to you and you'll be guided on your next step.

Use this format and re-quote the post and add to it when you have an update so it becomes a rolling diary:

• Type of account (credit card/loan/catalogue/HP)
        • Original lender
        • Date commenced (ideally before April 2007)
        • Approx balance
        • Date last paid (approximate date you last made a FULL payment)
        • Are you on arrangement or not paying
        • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date)
        • Account owner (who is writing to you, a DCA or the lender)

Di

Comment

Welcome x you are in safe hands good luck xx
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Capital One
            Type of Account
            Date Commenced – Approx 2000
            Approx Balance - £1848:10
            Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
            Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
            Status – Last Payment February 2017
            Account Owner – Capital One

21/03/2017 CCA request sent

07/04/2017 - Reply received with reconstituted copy of the original agreement which included my signature. Sent to Niddy replied as "Looks Dodgy" no further actions taken so far.

Last edited by RhodriMawr; 21 April 2017, 10:24.

Comment

Quick question ... if I am in a repayment plan, is there a legal obligation on the creditor to supply a statement for the account every 12 months? Thanks.

Comment

If you are with a company they send annually i think.May be wrong
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Quick question ... if I am in a repayment plan, is there a legal obligation on the creditor to supply a statement for the account every 12 months? Thanks.
                  Hi Rhodrimawr. well i always got an annual STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT sent i think they are obliged to do this in line with consumer credit act guidelines

Comment

I recently asked for clarification on Annual Statements in this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ual-Statements and there is a useful link from planb

Comment

Working...
                    X