Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory

Hi there I haven't posted here for a long time. This site has helped me so much and I want to just tell you how things have turned out.
    around 2002 I was extremely mentally ill and consequently ran up over £45000 of credit card debts. With the help of the mental health CAB in Sheffield I defaulted all my debts in 2006 or 2007. My memory and timelines plays up so sometimes I can't be precise.
    even though the DCA etc knew I was deemed a "vulnerable" person they harassed myself and my family mercilessly.
    I somehow cheated death many times and managed to recover completely, but I couldn't make a new start with all of the debt hanging around my neck. So in 2014 I started to fight back.
    I studied law at university many years ago and that enabled to understand what to do. Initially I used the unenforceable credit agreement approach and oneby one the Dca started to give up.
    I hate injustice and abuse and when I decide on a course of action I am relentless. I made some of the DCA lives an absolute misery as I bombarded them with legal notices and demands etc.
    last year around April a particularly nastyDCA called Cabot took me to court and this is when I needed extra advice. This site really helped.
    i had to dig deep and work many hours a day in formulating my response. I found out about the limitations act 1980 and after working this out I knew that I could not be held liable in law for giving false information on the original credit application. tHis was crucial I I worked out when the six year limitation started.
    cabot used a very unprofessional firm of solicitors called Shoosmiths. I knew from my legal studies they were breaching so many rules etc. But I let that go and filed them away for use if needed.
    My approaches to dangle the bait and then let the fish(DCA) reel themselves it. My area of specilaism is psychology and when constructing any letter etc to these people I analyse and predict the answers. I made every letter to them absolute lock tight by covering every point I made. This is very time consuming.
    shooesmiths hung themselves quite a few times s I expected.
    i also complied medical evidence from my doctor that would attest to my state of mind at the time of the debts were accrued. Slowly I turned the screw on them only giving them little drips of information
    I never played the unenforceable credit agreement game. But they knew that I knew it was unenforceable.
    yesterday I received a notice of discontinuance from Shoosemiths.
    i won.
    all of my debts have now gone. I don't care if they are written off as I know they are unenforceable.
    i was prepared to take this all the way to court if needed. I don't relish the prospect but unless you are prepared to go all the way then you can't win.
    Every single debt was unenforceable and the DCA knew that all the time.
    If you are prepared to fight and are resolved you can win. You must put the work in. It's hard very hard but has to be done.
    these vile people rely on people's fear and inherent weaknesses. And yes for a time they terrified me. But as I got better I knew that it was me who really had all the power. A bully is reliant on its victim for its power. And that is where the victim can win.
    Thanks to this site for all your help.
    to all those still fighting. Please be strong and don't give up.

Re: Victory

Awesome news - well done on beating Shoosmiths - that is some awesome result.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant and power to you xxx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Very well done mark62!
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you. I hit shoosmiths with complaints etc etc. Their taxtics totally unethical and I suspect it's all illegal.

Comment

Congratulations, that must feel great to be free at last
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Great 'News' - well done!!

Comment

Well done, we really do like to read about success stories, they offer hope to many other members who find themselves in similar positions. Thank you for sharing

Comment

Thanks for sharing the good news xx

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

Working...
                    X