GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Reclaim after statute barred - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Reclaim after statute barred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Reclaim after statute barred

Hi all
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have been down the unenforceable route on several of my credit cards. The usual happend. Default, hassled by countless DCAs. None of which provided a true CCA. Now that 6 years have passed. And they are all statute barred. If I was to make a ppi claim would they be entitled to offset any claim against a statute barred account.
    Cheers
    R

Re: PPI Reclaim after statute barred

Originally posted by Roadster View Post
    Hi all
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have been down the unenforceable route on several of my credit cards. The usual happend. Default, hassled by countless DCAs. None of which provided a true CCA. Now that 6 years have passed. And they are all statute barred. If I was to make a ppi claim would they be entitled to offset any claim against a statute barred account.
    Cheers
    R
    Statute barred refers to recovery through the courts. The debt still exists and can be offset. However, most banks and credit card companies would have sold the debts after all these years. If the debts were sold, you'd reclaim from the original creditor who mis-sold you the insurance rather than the new owner. Potentially, you could have any redress paid directly to you, There may be times when there are clauses allowing the debt to be bought back in case of a reclaim so the redress can be offset. It could be a bit of a gamble, but it may well pay off and you've got very little to lose, other than a bit of time, stamps and effort. I'd do it if my cards had been sold but it doesn't look like they were, it all went quiet. I'd just make sure the debts are really SBd before you start, as the reclaim can reset the clock if they were not SB (but once SBd, they cannot be un-barred).

Comment

Hi Buzzy
      Many thanks for your reply, I have checked they are all SBd, some were sold on to DC scum and others just went dead with the card holder. As you say I have nothing to lose only a bit of time and some stamps. So worth a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If I get anywhere I will post back here with an update. Good luck with yours.
      R

Comment

Good luck R xx
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If definitely SB then nothing ventured, nothing gained. Good luck.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadster View Post
            Hi Buzzy
            Many thanks for your reply, I have checked they are all SBd, some were sold on to DC scum and others just went dead with the card holder. As you say I have nothing to lose only a bit of time and some stamps. So worth a shot. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If I get anywhere I will post back here with an update. Good luck with yours.
            R
            Where the account is still with the original creditor, they are very likely to offset any redress. In this case, DC scum = good for you, because you may well have the money paid out to yourself.

Comment

Working...
            X