GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script qwerty321's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

qwerty321's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: qwerty321's UE Diary

Thanks you guys that's really great I'll crack on with the tasks later when the house's a bit quieter!
    Brilliant to have such understanding and support

Comment

Thanks you guys that's really great I'll crack on with the tasks later when the house's a bit quieter!
      Brilliant to have such understanding and support

Comment

Thanks for the Email Qwerty,
        I've sent you a letter of Authority and a cover letter to put in with the CCA Request. Send it all together by recorded delivery.
        (Although Lowell have stated they've put the a/c on hold pending investigating the DSAR complaint, best to formalise that with a CCA Request too so they can't do anything sneaky.)

Let's see what, if anything, they come up with so we know what we've got to work with then we'll look to push for a write off

If you could sort the medical evidence while it's on hold that would be great.

Comment

Hi Elsa
          Thanks for your help. Yep I'm on the case with the medical information.
          Meanwhile I made a complaint to the ICO about the missing info from the DSAR, the "lost" letters that I sent by Recorded Delivery etc. They wanted all the correspondence sending so I scanned it all and sent it with their "concerns about data handling" and "concerns about accessing personal information" forms.
          I've had the following response by email today:
          "Case Reference Number RFA0552562
          Dear

Thank you for your correspondence about Santander on behalf of your mother .

Our aim is to improve information rights practices within organisations. We do this by taking an overview of all concerns that are raised about organisations with a view to improving their compliance with the Data Protection Act (‘the DPA’).

You are concerned that Santander has not provided you with all the information you requested in your subject access request of March 2013. You also have concerns that Santander has lost information in particular a complaint letter sent recorded delivery.

In this case it appears there has been undue delay in raising this matter with us, as all your correspondence with Santander is over 3 months old.

We would therefore be unable to consider this matter further due to the amount of time that has passed.

In any event it appears that the account is now with NewDay Ltd and it is unlikely that Santander would have retained all the information regarding your mother’s account.

Yours sincerely,

Francesca Blainey
          Case Officer
          Information Commissioner’s Office
          01625 545 591

Feedback about our service
          If you think I should have done something differently in how I have handled your concerns, or how I have treated you, please tell me.

The ICO's mission is to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.

If you are not the intended recipient of this email (and any attachment), please inform the sender by return email and destroy all copies. Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
          Communication by internet email is not secure as messages can be intercepted and read by someone else. Therefore we strongly advise you not to email any information, which if disclosed to unrelated third parties would be likely to cause you distress. If you have an enquiry of this nature please provide a postal address to allow us to communicate with you in a more secure way. If you want us to respond by email you must realise that there can be no guarantee of privacy.
          Any email including its content may be monitored and used by the Information Commissioner's Office for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you write or forward is within the bounds of the law.
          The Information Commissioner's Office cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended. You should perform your own virus checks.

Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
          Tel: 0303 123 1113 Fax: 01625 524 510 Web: www.ico.org.uk"

I'm a bit flummoxed by this - the final response I had from New Day Ltd was only dated 18/06/14 and I scanned everything to the ICO. Not sure how I could have complained much quicker, and they won't even look at the complaint

Comment

They are useless! Niddy might have some ideas how to tackle that. Other than recomplaining to Santander to get a new final decision letter I'm not sure. All they'd do though is give Santander a slap on the wrist.

However, worry not, the main thing is dealing with Lowells for now, including the threat of ICO complaint in the letter was to let them know you're serious and standing your ground. Let's see what they come up with.

Elsa x

Comment

Working...
            X