GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Signature - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature

Hi all Before i get going on my story, there is something in the back of my mind that i would like cleared up if possible.
    I had a HSBC loan pre 2007 which was done over the phone and by post.
    I have no memory of going into the bank to sign anything, (although i could bee wrong) but i do distinctly remember a phone call to them asking if i needed to come in and sign anything, to which the reply was, "no we can do that electronically".
    I know they have a copy of my signature, so would this sound feasible ?

Thanks
    I started with nothing, and despite the bank, still have most of it

Re: Signature

Are you asking if it's possible that they've copied and pasted your signature?

Of course it's possible but it's more likely that they've just clicked a tick box.

If you're looking at UE there's far more to it than them providing a form with your signature on it.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you Pixie.

I am looking at UE. Can you clarify your last statement please, as i don,t quite understand what you mean

Comment

See this --> UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

Or

See this --> Help with Unenforceability - allaboutFORUMS

That will explain UE a little bit better
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I logged off just before you asked your question Sueme.

Look at the links Niddy's given and read some of the diaries. You'll soon realise that, even though a creditor may send you a signed form in response to a cca request, it doesn't necessarily mean that the agreement is enforceable.

Sorry if I confused you
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Sounds to me you had one of those "bank manager will arrange it" agreements.

In which case fire off a CCA Request, cos im betting they wont find anything.

Same thing with two of my mothers Natwest agreements, no signatures ever because it was a verbal agreement.

Comment

Hi Sueme, welcome to the forum! Sounds like you may be starting the same journey as many of us. If so, good luck and it really isnt that bad
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Thank you all for the replies I have read through the links and it all seems a bit clearer now.
                I think maybe i should start a diary with the full story

Comment

Hi and welcome

Glad the forum and Niddy's posts have clarified things a bit

Do post up a diary and people on here will help you all they can - There are some very experienced people on here who are very clued up.

Starting a diary is a good way to start with this because it lets other users see where you are with this and the history of the account.

The help I have received has been exellent in so many ways and I would have been lost without it

Comment

Originally posted by Sueme View Post
                    I think maybe i should start a diary with the full story
                    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                    X