GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BigCraigJohn UE problems - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BigCraigJohn UE problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BigCraigJohn UE problems

Sounds to me like you've pretty much won the battle. All they're doing is sending it on the DCA merry-go-round and nobody is able to collect it cos they can't. Anything that comes demanding immediate full payment on a card or asking you to contact them urgently regarding this serious matter can be safely ignored. The only time you need to react to this sort of threat is if it's a Statutory Demand, but I don't think there's much chance of that (unless it goes to Capquest, and then it's all mouth!!!!).

I don't know what Niddy thinks, but I'd be inclined to stop even replying - ignore them and hopefully they might eventually realise you've twigged they haven't got a leg to stand on and creep back into there little holes!

Comment

And tbh ive nothing to lose other than my £1500 car which is now worth about 1/3 less since hitting a damn council post and several other debts. So if they want to make me bankrupt I can live with that.

Comment

Big CraigJohn,

If it's any consolation, and this is not one word of a lie, I was advised four years ago now by CAB to stop paying anything at all towards all non-priority debts and wait for one of our creditors to make me bankrupt since we couldn't afford it ourselves.

I have followed their advice and not paid one penny to any non-priority debt in the past four years. I've had plenty of letters and threats, but when push comes to shove and I've actually written to them asking them to make me bankrupt they have written back refusing to do so, even though they'd just threatened it.

Like you I have nothing really to lose so if they made me bankrupt they would genuinely be doing me a favour, but that costs them money.

I don't think they are used to people replying to threats of bankruptcy by saying yes please, do it as soon as possible and thank you very much!

I am in no way trying to make light of the seriousness of bankruptcy, but in some situations it is the right solution and from my experience, it is highly unlikely any DCa will bankrupt you.

Comment

Working...
        X