GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fee Refund for SB Debt - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fee Refund for SB Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fee Refund for SB Debt

Hi folks

Rather than bury this in my very long diary, I thought it might be pertinent to post here as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but I couldn't find a relevant thread with searching (although I know I'm definitely not the first to be in this position).

I've just received a letter from Barclaycard refunding fees and charges for an old Barclaycard account to which the last payment was 2011. Also in 2011, they wrote saying they had no CCA and the account is therefore unenforceable. There's been no contact (from either side) since 2014.

The letter states that the refund is going to be credited to this long since SB account - so my question is: will the refund have any bearing on the SB status?

Originally posted by DNW View Post
    Hi folks
    "..
    I've just received a letter from Barclaycard refunding fees and charges for an old Barclaycard account to which the last payment was 2011. Also in 2011, they wrote saying they had no CCA and the account is therefore unenforceable. There's been no contact (from either side) since 2014.

The letter states that the refund is going to be credited to this long since SB account - so my question is: will the refund have any bearing on the SB status?
    Well what a cheek!

Give a Thing Take a Thing! Dance round the Devil's Ring.

They admit their figures etc were wrong in 2011 when they say "..Refunding fees and charges.." including no doubt Credit Agencies Reported figures! Default Notice etc.. The Account was no doubt closed and written off for Tax purposes!
    So this Refund is basically being POCKETED by Barclaycard themselves!

Its UE (no CCA from S.78 Request) and SB after 6 years NO acknowledgement of Debt.

Comment

Thanks Roger, I realise it'll still be UE, but wondered if the credit to the account would restart the SB clock?

Comment

Originally posted by DNW View Post
        Thanks Roger, I realise it'll still be UE, but wondered if the credit to the account would restart the SB clock?
        It's not a payment made by you, so definitely not, whether SB or not.

Comment

Great, thanks I'll unearth my paperwork for this debt and file accordingly.

Comment

Working...
          X