GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Long time, no Niddy - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long time, no Niddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time, no Niddy

Niddyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, long time no see mate.

Apologies for the absense - it's been a heck of a year.

You'll be annoyed to hear that I've done nothing with regards to UE so far and am still paying the minimum payments on my accounts. I lost my job recently though and have taken a fairly significan pay cut so am looking to re-address things.

Since we last spoke, Barclaycard have taken on my Egg account which worries me a little as Egg always just left me alone.

Also, my MBNA account has been sold to IDEM Servicing. I got notification of both of these changes within the past month.

I still have all my old paperwork from when I was looking at this previously. Should I re-post it???

Is the UE route still open to people? I thought it had all been shut down?

Cheers Niddy,

P.S. I changed my number after losing my phone so if you'd been trying to text me and getting no responses, that'll be why

Re: Long time, no Niddy

my mothers egg account got bought by barclaycard too, and she never used to get any hassle from them either, so i know what you mean.

Makes no difference for the UE route though.

UE is still open to everyone if your agreements are before 2007.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Annie - why o why havent you gone down the UE route??

Assuming that Niddy has already advised you can (which is how I interpret the above) then do it!

Its obvious if your accounts have been sold then you have defaults. No point in throwing good money after bad. Plus with you having lost job / taking a pay cut, it makes sense!
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Dude I'll FB message my number

Hope you're well...?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Oscar; Annie's a bloke lol and owns a few pads so UE was never appropriate

Has this changed; are you now interested matey
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I'll start from the beginning to give you an idea of my situation to see what your thoughts are.

ASSETS

Property 1 - Realistic sale price £110,000.00 (on the market now)
            Mortgage - £48,000.00
            Second Chg - £28,000.00
            Repayment terms - Interest only, approx £215.00 a month (SVR)

Property 2 - Realistic sale price £165,000.00
            Mortgage - £145,000.00
            Repayment terms - Interest only, approx £720.00 a month (Fixed 'til Aug-12)

Property 3 - Realistic sale price £175,000.00
            Mortgage - £176,000.00
            Repayment terms - Interest only, approx £430.00 a month (SVR)

DEBTS

Card 1 - Approx £4,500.00
            Lender - Smile.co.uk
            Repayment terms - £16.00 per month, recently renewed for 12 months

Card 2 - Approx £4,000.00
            Lender - Smile.co.uk
            Repayment terms - £15.00 per month, recently renewed for 12 months

Card 3 - Approx £3,500.00
            Lender - MBNA now IDEM
            Repayment terms - £8.00 per month, heard nothing from them for ages other than note telling me of sale of debt

Card 4 - Approx £4,000.00
            Lender - Egg now Barclaycard
            Repayment terms - £8.00 per month, heard nothing from them for ages other than note telling me of sale of debt

Card 5 - Approx £4,500.00
            Lender - Lloyds TSB

Loan 1 - Approx £12,000.00
            Lender - Lloyds TSB
            Repayment terms - £18.00 per month, heard nothing from them for ages

These debts were built up, largely, as a result of gambling.

I have done all the CCA stuff and got replies from all the creditors. I shall post these online over the next few days.

Niddy will hate the fact that I've still been paying them. One time he threatened to kill my mother and eat all my Microchips if I didn't stop.

My concern has ALWAYS been the fact that I've got the properties. However, I guess that's unimportant if the debts are considered UE, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Oscar; Annie's a bloke lol and owns a few pads so UE was never appropriate

Has this changed; are you now interested matey
              Still have the pads, Niddy mate, as mentioned above.

I have one on the market now, though, and have a sneaky suspicion any profit from the sale may vanish.....

You think UE isn't appropriate given the fact I have the property?

Comment

Originally posted by Annie da Phart View Post
                Still have the pads, Niddy mate, as mentioned above.

I have one on the market now, though, and have a sneaky suspicion any profit from the sale may vanish.....

You think UE isn't appropriate given the fact I have the property?
                I've got pads too and I'm doing UE. My pads are my old age pension and I'm going to need to keep myself and/or pay the care home fees so I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. I see my financial chaos (also caused by loss of work) as a temporary blip which I'm working through. Once I've sorted out what is UE I'll know better where I stand. The alternative is to sell up everything I've worked hard for over the last couple of decades, pay the Banks, and then live in a cardboard box. Not an option. They've had their money back twice over with obscene interest and penalty charges when I couldn't keep up with my payments. They kicked me when I was down so I'm going to kick them on the way back up. I'm not a case of won't pay because I geninely can't pay right now

You're not insolvent. You've got more assets than debts. I assume your pads have got tenants paying most/all of the mortgages for you?

I look at it this way, Richard Branson's got "debts" too because he leases bright red airplanes by the dozen. When an ash cloud hits he can't sell any tickets or fly them, so whoopsie he owes his bank dollops of money he hasn't got coming in that month. So he renegotiates his way through the turmoil until the sun shines again. You're faced with a similar task of restructuring your finances albeit on a smaller scale

I'd go for UE if your cards are before 2007. But Niddy knows you better than I do (we've only just met) so I'd take his advice. I just wanted to tell you that having assets is not a stumbling block to UE as long as you keep your eye on the ball so a creditor doesn't pounce when you least expect it. And if they do then you need to think about settling before any court action gets started.

Good Luck with whatever route you decide to take

Comment

Haven't we already determined the enforceable ones matey?

Comment

IIRC we didn't actually come to any difinitive conclusions... I'll scan all my stuff in again today.

Comment

IIRC we didn't actually come to any difinitive conclusions... I'll scan all my stuff in again today.
                      Cheers mate. Email me them over please (ideally PDF)!

Comment

Still have the pads, Niddy mate, as mentioned above. I have one on the market now, though, and have a sneaky suspicion any profit from the sale may vanish.....
                        I've now read your previous thread and can see you already have a good Plan B for all this, so you can scrub what I said earlier

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          I've now read your previous thread and can see you already have a good Plan B for all this, so you can scrub what I said earlier
                          I've forgotten what my Plan B is!!! I'm liking what you're doing, though. How you getting on with it? No problems with the properties? Any reference to them?

I've sent my CCAs etc to Niddy so I'm sure he'll give me an update over the next few days...

Comment

Hiya Niddy,

Don't suppose you've had a chance to glance over my collection of CCAs have ya?!

Cheers fella

Comment

Mate these don't look good at all really - you're kinda all outta luck as they are all enforceable - it's a full-house of pure bad luck.

Egg Visa
                              Lloyds Loan
                              Lloyds Visa
                              MBNA Mastercard
                              Smile Visa
                              Smile Gold

ALL

Sorry mate, I guess chasing the UE path aint gonna be that ideal to you, not with your house etc.....

Comment

Working...
                              X