GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI Calculator - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI Calculator

Hi Guys

I have two old loans with Natwest one started in 2003 and ended in 2004. In 2004 i consolidated this loan with a new one until 2006 then consoildated to a loan with no PPI.

Unfortunately i dont have the paperwork for the loans but know there was PPI. Have bank statements back to 2004.

The first loan was for £3500 APR was 12.9 monthly payment about £100 made 16payments before i consolidated. I was sold by saying i was young and too get the loan i needed PPI although i had other insurance.

In 2004 i borrowed £4500 again at 12.9 APR over 5 years made 28 payments before consolidated at £102.45 a month.

is there an accurate calculator somewhere to work this out or does someone know and could tell me?.

I am planning to send the FOS questionare and the normal letter to them.
    Last question which address do i need to send this too as Natwest have loads

Thanks
    Batchy_21

Re: PPI Calculator

Originally posted by batchy_21 View Post
    Hi Guys

I have two old loans with Natwest one started in 2003 and ended in 2004. In 2004 i consolidated this loan with a new one until 2006 then consoildated to a loan with no PPI.

Unfortunately i dont have the paperwork for the loans but know there was PPI. Have bank statements back to 2004.

The first loan was for £3500 APR was 12.9 monthly payment about £100 made 16payments before i consolidated. I was sold by saying i was young and too get the loan i needed PPI although i had other insurance.

In 2004 i borrowed £4500 again at 12.9 APR over 5 years made 28 payments before consolidated at £102.45 a month.

is there an accurate calculator somewhere to work this out or does someone know and could tell me?.

I am planning to send the FOS questionare and the normal letter to them.
    Last question which address do i need to send this too as Natwest have loads

Thanks
    Batchy_21
    You need to start by getting a SAR - see here: ---> SAR Request - Advanced Version

Also, read this ---> UPDATED - Reclaiming Charges, PPi & Unfair Fees

The calculator etc is all there - highlighted here mate: ---> #5

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy, you beat me to it lol.

Hi Batchy

It will help with SAR info, so if you can manage to try to get hold of it with the details Niddy have posted it will be a great help.
      They have 40 calendar days to comply and you enclose £10 cheque or postal order.

Some will make a reclaim if they know they were mis sold and just have the account number, that is fine, but having any paperwork via the agreement and calculations will help and the calcs can be worked out for you.
      I will chase Turbo up on the calcs when required.
      And Niddy have also posted up a link to the Calculator.

So basically you send a SAR, you can wait for the details to come back, or still continue with the reclaim if you know your account number and your reasons, then post up your SAR docs if you've the facilities when this comes back.
      Some will wait for the arrival of the docs but that is up to you.

A reclaim of PPI, allow 8 weeks for a decision.

Niddy I see have posted you the details to the links on how to make a reclaim, remember to keep copies of everything you send and receive - in case you need to refer back to them at some point.

Send complaint to head office or if they have a complaints dept (of whoever set up and sold you the accounts), and I think its best to post by signed for recorded delivery, you can check the status of delivery via Royal Mail website - Track and Trace.

Hope this helps, but ask for further help if required.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Dizzy Di and Niddy.

Niddy is aware of my issues with natwest on another thread and that they sent a SAR i completed and sent to a different address DOH.
        I already have SAR paperwork from Natwest with no details on these loans. Should i SAR them again? or should i send a CCA request? I doubt they have any paperwork as they are going back a number of years although we know they should keep it!!.
        Is there another way to ask to see the paperwork for these loans so i can work out the PPI.
        Also probably me but the link NIDDY posted up takes me to the reclaim letter but i cannot see the calculator.

Thanks Guys

Comment

Thanks Dizzy Di and Niddy.

Niddy is aware of my issues with natwest on another thread and that they sent a SAR i completed and sent to a different address DOH.
          I already have SAR paperwork from Natwest with no details on these loans. Should i SAR them again? or should i send a CCA request? I doubt they have any paperwork as they are going back a number of years although we know they should keep it!!.
          Is there another way to ask to see the paperwork for these loans so i can work out the PPI.
          Also probably me but the link NIDDY posted up takes me to the reclaim letter but i cannot see the calculator.

Thanks Guys

Hiya

If you've already been provided with a SAR, then details of any PPI should already be enclosed.

You could try writing to request for the agreement by enclosing £1 cheque or postal order, this should normally take 12 days from the date on your letter, or from when they receive your letter.

If you've no details of the calculations, when you make a reclaim and successful you can request they send you a detailed written breakdown, they should do this on request.
          Or ask them to supply these to you now, tell them you've already been sent a SAR but require additional details of the figures.

I will check out the calculator side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            Hiya

If you've already been provided with a SAR, then details of any PPI should already be enclosed.

You could try writing to request for the agreement by enclosing £1 cheque or postal order, this should normally take 12 days from the date on your letter, or from when they receive your letter.

If you've no details of the calculations, when you make a reclaim and successful you can request they send you a detailed written breakdown, they should do this on request.
            Or ask them to supply these to you now, tell them you've already been sent a SAR but require additional details of the figures.

I will check out the calculator side of it.

Not sure if this is appriopriate, or if Niddy will agree to this one lol, but have came across a link to one for now.
            http://www.challengeyour.com/ppi-calculator.php

Comment

Thanks for that. I have seen loads of different calculators online all have different results !

The SAR bearing in mind i have been a customer since 1997 with various credit cards and loans. They only sent me 6 years of bank statements and a computer print of my personel details. I sent a very similare letter that ison this site.
              So i feel another £10 is a waste of money. I will try the CCA route i think for both loans although i think i will get the "we misfiled letter" .Im sure RBS filing system is the shredder !!.
              I will post up if i need anything. In the meantime if any one can tell me how to work out the PPI or a link to a accurate calculator i would appreciate it

Thanks alot

Comment

Leave this for now! I've replied to other thread - just trust me - we'll do the whole complaint in one go - inclusive of ppi reclaim.

I'll sort it all for you, however I'd need the agreement to do it properly, however see other thread and put this on hold for now. Save your energy, this'll take us ten mins to sort out for you.

I'll be around tmw night to sort the complaint for you.

Niddy
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Regards to the SAR, they only have to go back 6yrs. That's the remit!

Comment

cheers NIDDY i have replied to the other thread i will go with what you said and leave this for now

cheers

Comment

Hi All

I sent my Natwest loan PPI reclaim off today with the FOS questionare. i shall await their response.
                      I tried gathering the paperwork from them and they cannot locate any of the agreements or paperwork deja vu springs to mind!!

I did dig out an old account number so fingers crossed. Judging by my other post i feel it will be a battle !!

Comment

Hiya

Wishing you luck on your reclaiming, hopefully all will go through OK, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hi All

Sent my claim in to Natwest few weeks ago didnt hear anything from Natwest so rang them up on Friday. To my suprise they sent a letter to me on the 25th July 2nd class post still not recieved. They also said they are investigating 7 accounts i had and will contact me with the result.

I didnt even think i had 7 accounts with them !!!
                          Oh well i will post their findings when i have them fingers crossed

Comment

Hi All

Sent my claim in to Natwest few weeks ago didnt hear anything from Natwest so rang them up on Friday. To my suprise they sent a letter to me on the 25th July 2nd class post still not recieved. They also said they are investigating 7 accounts i had and will contact me with the result.

I didnt even think i had 7 accounts with them !!!
                            Oh well i will post their findings when i have them fingers crossed

Good luck then, that's a nice suprise, maybe that's why you've not heard anything yet then because they want to get them all done with at the same time, this is in case you go back to them again at some point about more reclaims I expect.

And due to the previous Judicial review, this is something that the FSA wanted banks etc to do is investigate other possible ppi accounts taken with them over the years, all the best with this.

Comment

Hi All

Just to update i finally after loads of phonecalls got the claim letters sent out.
                              I had PPI on 3 accounts and the offer is just under £1700 which is more than i thought.!!
                              I have sent the claim form back and i am awaiting my cheque !!!
                              Not sure if anyone else is having trouble with RBS being very slow and fobbing you off keep on at them i got there in the end

Thanks
                              Batchy_21

Comment

Working...
                              X