GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLAIMING BACK HSBC LOAN PPI --- ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLAIMING BACK HSBC LOAN PPI --- ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLAIMING BACK HSBC LOAN PPI --- ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Hi
    Looking for some help and advice please.

My OH has received a letter from HSBC inviting him to put a claim in as they say :- We believe you may have been affected by following issues :-

We may not have established whether you were likely to repay or re-finance your loan before the end of the loan term. The PPI product you had did not give you a pro-rata refund if you paid off the loan early. This means, for example, that if you cancelled half way through you would get back less than half the premium you paid. if we had discussed this with you, we may not have recommended you take out this product.

If your loan was taken to pay existing debts we may not have considered whether the cost of cover or policy terms made it appropriate to recommend that you purchase PPI. if we had discussed this with you, we may not have recommended that you purchase PPI. if we had discussed this with you, we may not have recommended you take out this product.

He had had about 5 loans from HSBC over the years. His first then rolled into a second with them, and we the paid it off. A few years later he took out another loan with them and that rolled into 2 more loans and eventually our mortgage with them.
    I've found all the agreements for all 5 and all the bank statements. I think they are front loaded loaded.

We need some help filling in the questionnaire as it seems that if you don't word it correctly you could loose out. I will post up more info on the loans tomorrow, later on today I should say!
    Battendown (the hatches) as we're in for a stormy ride !!

I'm steering the good ship Battendown through a severe bout of physical turbulence !!

Re: CLAIMING BACK HSBC LOAN PPI --- ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

Hi there

And yes please do post up when your ready and we can make sure we get it right first time.

Comment

Re: CLAIMING BACK HSBC LOAN PPI --- ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE

I can tell you what i said for my case to be upheld. Basically said that i was told it was a requirment for the loan to take PPI, i didnt need it, and had over 6 months of savings to fall back on should i become unemployed.

Of course, every situation is different so i dont want you to copy what i said, but if the facts are the same, then thats a bonus
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X