GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour Personal Finance Reclaim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour Personal Finance Reclaim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endeavour Personal Finance Reclaim

Hi,

Endeavour Personal Finance now HFC bank, I have just started a reclaim against these, taken out in '97 and all I have is my account number, I have sent a SAR to see what comes back but having read about these I do not expect a cheery welcome and your cheque is in the post letter back from them.

I will keep you updated.

Re: Endeavour Personal Finance Reclaim

Originally posted by vossy View Post
    Hi,

Endeavour Personal Finance now HFC bank, I have just started a reclaim against these, taken out in '97 and all I have is my account number, I have sent a SAR to see what comes back but having read about these I do not expect a cheery welcome and your cheque is in the post letter back from them.

I will keep you updated.

Thank you Vossy for posting this one up.

We shall work through this one when you receive the data.

At first, was the loan sold and set up by EPF? or did you use a broker?

In my case, it was sold by a company that went down under called Click loans, this was taken out in 2004, they were not regulated by the FSA or prior to these GISC, so I could not even take them to the Financial compensation Scheme (FSCS), as you know the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) are not able to take unregulated complaints on either. So I even tried going the underwriter/insurer avenue through the FOS as they were regulated (Hamilton Insurance), but kept failing due to lack of evidence of these being involved, which was why it taken so long.

I then done what you did by requesting all the SAR/data from EPF, then enclosed they had the application form via Click Finance where I noted no PPI was added, yet it was added on the EPF loan agreement.

It had taken all this time, as I forwarded both application form and agreement to the FOS, who also questioned HFC who had taken over from EPF, then I received a letter of an apology from them that agreed they had made a mistake and realised it did look as if EPF added the ppi and not the broker of Click Finance limited, and due to the messing around for all these years, I then wrote back and said, with that they admitted selling it, and for all the inconvenience despite not being regulated, that I expect to receive the full refund, within a short time they agreed to pay back full premiums and the relevant interest etc.

Enough of me lol, now in your case, check through both application and loan agreement, in case this also applies to you.

Let me know when you receive the documentation, good luck.

Di
    x

Comment

Hi Di,

I cannot remember whether it was direct or a broker to be honest, I am expecting them to come back with - because of time limitations etc we have no documents, this was '97, but you never know.......

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
          Fingers crossed!
          Thanks Di.

Will keep everyone informed

Comment

Okay, update on this one.

I sent a SAR to these and this is the reply I have.

I did not send in a PPI questionnaire. I sent a SAR.

As they have not sent me any documents at all do I proceed with a failed SAR letter, or do I kindly request that they provide me with the proof on how they arrived at this conclusion without supplying me with any documents to support their findings?

Last edited by vossy; 9 October 2012, 22:47.

Comment

Okay, update on this one.

I sent a SAR to these and this is the reply I have.

[ATTACH]4439[/ATTACH]

I did not send in a PPI questionnaire. I sent a SAR.

As they have not sent me any documents at all do I proceed with a failed SAR letter, or do I kindly request that they provide me with the proof on how they arrived at this conclusion without supplying me with any documents to support their findings?

Hi Vos

Yes I would contact them and tell them to make it clear about the letter you received.
              Tell them you are awaiting a SAR that you requested for and now baffled on why they sent you a letter about a complaint.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Vos

Yes I would contact them and tell them to make it clear about the letter you received.
                Tell them you are awaiting a SAR that you requested for and now baffled on why they sent you a letter about a complaint.

Good luck.
                Thought so, see I am learning all the time being here

Thanks Di

Comment

Thought so, see I am learning all the time being here

Thanks Di

Your doing fab, well done!

Comment

Thanks Di

Comment

Well in style of Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it"!

These basta*ds have only gone and found my original loan application and CCA in perfect condition and fully legible (gits) showing no bloody PPI

I could have sworn I took it out on the advice of EPF, oh well it was a long time ago and I suppose it was a long shot.

Who would have thought that they would have had such perfect documents from '97?

Oh well I still have others to chase at least I know now.
                      Last edited by vossy; 10 June 2012, 10:21.

Comment

Well in style of Victor Meldrew "I don't believe it"!

These basta*ds have only gone and found my original loan application and CCA in perfect condition and fully legible (gits) showing no bloody PPI

I could have sworn I took it out on the advice of EPF, oh well it was a long time ago and I suppose it was a long shot.

Who would have thought that they would have had such perfect documents from '97?

Oh well I still have others to chase at least I know now.

Can you imagine if you suddenly came across the original out of the blue, where it does state PPI??

Comment

Can you imagine if you suddenly came across the original out of the blue, where it does state PPI??
                          My thought's exactly Di, I do not trust EPF at all may be worth seeing if you can compare this agreement with one from wayback machine if they have one.

Worth more investigation me thinks.

Comment

Maybe worth a call out on here to see if anyone has an agreement and/or T&C'S predating yr 2000.

I would make another thread

EPF is a broker and it is fact they would of pushed to add the PPI due to the commissions they would have earnt
                            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 10 June 2012, 11:38.

Comment

Enclosed is the agreement they sent back, I have removed all personal details including sigs.

Last edited by vossy; 9 October 2012, 22:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X