GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script reclaiming ppi on old loans - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reclaiming ppi on old loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reclaiming ppi on old loans

Hi Di ;Hi

I have an old cc from Barclays that was paid off in 2006. I've just been looking through paperwork & realised I'd been paying out for ppi! that I never realised ;D

Can you claim miss-sell on something that's already been paid off?
    Thanks
    I wish I was a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum.
    Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines from your bum

Re: reclaiming ppi on old loans

Originally posted by findingaway
    Hi Di ;Hi

I have an old cc from Barclays that was paid off in 2006. I've just been looking through paperwork & realised I'd been paying out for ppi! that I never realised ;D

Can you claim miss-sell on something that's already been paid off?
    Thanks
    Yes, and the best part is they send a cheque to you!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

How do you go about checking to see if you have paid PPI on old stuff?
      Started with a debt of £18,323.68 in May 2005. Everything now paid off but trying to sort out credit file now which is shot to bits. Now begins the journey.

Comment

Thanks niddy. It wasn't a cc (sorry put cc) it was a loan for 5k that we took out around 2002. There were no arrears on this & we just paid it in the term. Just found original agreement & it had ppi on it that I didn't realise. Can I still claim?

I have claimed miss-sell & charges on my mbna card that we paid off in 2006, still waiting but had letters that said we'd get responses by 17/10 & 20/10, so not long now.

LTID I found the original agreement & it shows on there, so I'd say if you haven't got a copy, to send a CCA request in it should be on there (if they've got it!) Good luck

Comment

Hello there

Just signed back in now.

Right, if mis sold the ppi for any reason, yes you can make a reclaim, it makes no difference if the account is settled or still active, also as Neverindoubt also said, if settled, you get to keep all the ppi refund plus interest.

I take it you no longer have the loan agreement?

You could write a simple letter, enclose £1 cheque or postal order, (acc number) ask they supply a copy of the loan agreement by 12-14 days.

This will show any ppi added to the loan.

Comment

Thanks Di ;Hi

Comment

Also to add, to make a reclaim the Financial ombudsman service (FOS) have issued reclaiming questionnaires, so you complete this and send to whoever set up and sold you the policy from the start.

They have 8 weeks to give a decision, although they may ask for more time.

However, if your complaint is totally ignored and you hear nothing either once 8 weeks have passed, you can continue to make a complaint to the FOS.

I would also keep copies of all you send to the loan company/broker and everything you receive, as you may require these for evidence to enclose to the FOS on complaining to them.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/c ... laints.htm

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/p ... nnaire.doc

I would also suggest posting by recorded delivery, for your proof of posting.

Comment

Your very welcome. ;Hi1 2

Comment

Working...
                X