GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MBNA Virgin Credit Card PPI (awp) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBNA Virgin Credit Card PPI (awp)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBNA Virgin Credit Card PPI (awp)

Hi,

I have recently set off on the process of a PPI reclaim on a Virgin (MBNA) credit card that I had operational from between 2003 and 2011.

The account is closed however I have many of the old statements showing "payment protection cover" which at some point converted to "Posted Credit Insurance Fees".

MBNA have responded to my completed PPI form saying that they were unable to identify me however after a quick call to their offices, I have been able to provide the updated contact details (a change of address) and they now advise a response will be forthcoming by 2 August, 2013.

I will keep this thread posted with developments as I have found reading other peoples threads and the helpful advice given by you all very useful and encouraging so hope that mine may serve the same purpose!

Thanks!

Re: MBNA Virgin Credit Card PPI (awp)

This one on the other hand seemed to be the nicest one but have turned out to be real shysters.

Be very interested how you get on with these. Have lots of tips to help you with this if you get an uphold.

Comment

Thanks again! The good thing on this one is that I did an old DPA request a few years back for penalty charges reclaim so I have all the historical paperwork on the account to hand. Hopefully that will come to be useful if they decide not to play ball!

Comment

Thats good. SAR/DPA request is a must with this lot. If you get an uphold you will be jerked around like no tomorrow.

Small tip here. This is not one to leave for a couple of weeks as you are pushed for time. They like to jerk around then go for a time bar at FOS if they can. The 6 months runs from the date of uphold not from a date most normal people would think it would. Sadly cause it is complicated FOS are agreeing and timebarring people.

First get that uphold then I can point you at what to look for.

Comment

Hi awp79 and welcome to AAD
          Good luck with your claim
          I'll ask our lovely Di the PPI lady to look in too

Elsa x

Comment

I cant see from the above posts why the poster is pushed for time?

Complaint has gone in, MBNA now have 28 days to respond, but more likely to be closer to the 56 cut off point to go to FOS.

MBNA used to be good with their calculations, and paid more than was required in many cases.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks to both and appreciate the tip re timings. Let's see what their response is and if you feel there is anything specific in my papers that I should be looking out for, do let me know!

Comment

Thanks Oscar, I will watch my door mat patiently (but only for up to 56 days!) and see what MBNA come up with!

Comment

Oscar.

I dont mean now I mean post an uphold. But use the date of any uphold as the 6 month date to get it to FOS

There are serious issues with what MBNA are doing believe me as I am in the middle of it. Sadly most people are unaware of what they are up to. They see the wonga and take it.

But they use the uphold as the final decision go to FOS date but will play with you as to waste time. Because they are after a time bar if you have worked out what they are up to. I didnt have this knowledge when I did it but luckily I progressed my complaint parallel to still conversing with them.

They have written to me just days before time barring almost sniggering that they would go for it. Luckily for me I had submitted a complaint to FOS the week before and its accepted. If I had waited I would have lost out big time. My complaint is about 400 pages long. That didnt take a few hours to construct.

And you will need 6 months to get your head round what they are doing and construct a complaint that FOS might understand.

Sad to say MBNA are being very very clever.

So my tip is get your uphold which is of course the important thing right now but then dont hang about with it. And dont believe anything they are saying to you if time is ticking by. They pretend they are looking at stuff or waste time with the SAR yah de yah de yah but all the time its about wasting your time.

Sorry if my post came across as timescales right now are problamatic.

Comment

Just a mis understanding Ken - know whatg you mean now!!

Fully aware what MBNA can be like and what tactics they use - worked there long enough!
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by awp79 View Post
                      Hi,

I have recently set off on the process of a PPI reclaim on a Virgin (MBNA) credit card that I had operational from between 2003 and 2011.

The account is closed however I have many of the old statements showing "payment protection cover" which at some point converted to "Posted Credit Insurance Fees".

MBNA have responded to my completed PPI form saying that they were unable to identify me however after a quick call to their offices, I have been able to provide the updated contact details (a change of address) and they now advise a response will be forthcoming by 2 August, 2013.

I will keep this thread posted with developments as I have found reading other peoples threads and the helpful advice given by you all very useful and encouraging so hope that mine may serve the same purpose!

Thanks!
                      Hi and welcome

Good for you for not letting this one go.

If you hear nothing by the date given, or if they've not agreed with upholding your complaint, we can take it a step further.

I take it then you already put a complaint in, and that is what they should be dealing with - in order for them to come back with some feedback/decision by 02 August?

Fingers crossed

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for your comments. Yes I have filled in the MBNA ppi complaint form and that is the document that they will be responding to by 2nd August.

Will keep you posted!

Many thanks 😃

Comment

Can you recall how you applied for the card?

Comment

Hi Oscar, yes, the Subject Access Request that I did in 2007 means that I still have on file here with me a copy of my original application form. It was completed in person in a shopping mall (Lakeside, Essex) and has a paragraph regarding PPI on the form.

Would any other detail at this time assist or be of relevance?

Comment

Received an upheld letter today after. In excess of GBP5k should apparently be paid to me within the next 28 days. Is this part of a game they are playing to waste time as feared in above posts or should I just consider that I may have been lucky?

I am also surprised at how quick the response was given that it had been originally promised by 2nd August!

Comment

Working...
                              X