GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI claims - with no details - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI claims - with no details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI claims - with no details

Looking into if iv been charged ppi on various loans/cards etc. Have printed up credit report from credit expert and have written to all lenders requesting loan/card details and if ppi has been added. Now, i dont have any account details for anything..... Have written letters and given date of birth, Loan account start and end dates and previous addresses.

As expected, some of the banks/lenders have come back saying cant find my accounts and that they want account numbers etc. How would i get these? Could i request stataments from my own bank for the past 6 years? Hoping theyl be payment reference numbers on direct debit/standing order transactions....

Re: PPI claims - with no details

Rachel

You find each one is different and will need a different approach.

Again Di30 is your gal but she needs as much info as possible to help.

You started good as the CRA files will give you a start.

But before you proceed I would take time to post up where each one is up to.

Do one per post. Like the one we been doing

You could indeed ask your own bank via the SAR which will give you details but you might find you have most and a cheeky request to your local cashier might obtain the last odd one. We did that.

You will find on here the more info given the better the advice you get.

Comment

As Ken says, begin by asking in your local branch. A friend of mine went to her bank and was told without even asking that she had PPI on a loan. She didn't know until then and ended up with a £5200 refund. That was the Co-op Bank but it can happen with others too.

The local bank cashiers are not generally any more clued-up on PPI reclaiming than an average person. I even know of one who reclaimed her PPI through a claims management company and paid them a large percentage for something she could have easily done for herself.

As you get info, post it on here (a new thread for each account) - there are some really good helpful members here who will guide you.

Comment

OK, what i actually want is all bank statements from the past 6 years - they should all have account reference numbers on for loans and credit cards that have been paid using direct debit. Cani just go into branch and request statements or do i need to call or write? Am i entitled to all statements? Will i need to pay do you think?

Comment

Firstly if it was me, i would request a CRA (even if the account is closed), normally it should cost £1.00 for request (this is a request for your credit report agreement, the one you signed for a credit card - it'll show if you had ticked the ppi box)

Useful/Helpful TIPS!

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - Reclaiming Charges, PPi Unfair Fees

allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - UPDATED - Reclaiming Charges, PPi Unfair Fees
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have tried requesting the info from lenders but they are coming back to me saying that they can not find my account and would like me to supply account numbers - which i dont have. I dont have any paperwork at all which is why i was going to request bank statements as when i paid each loan on a monthly payment, i could hopefully use the payment ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachelmstvl View Post
              OK, what i actually want is all bank statements from the past 6 years - they should all have account reference numbers on for loans and credit cards that have been paid using direct debit. Cani just go into branch and request statements or do i need to call or write? Am i entitled to all statements? Will i need to pay do you think?
              In answer to your question, you have a legal right to all data held on you under the Data Protection Act. You can get this with a SAR (Subject Access Request) for a fee of £10. You would need to SAR each lender/bank involved. By law they have 40 days to respond but very few (if any) will actually respond within this time frame.

So that is the answer. However, you might get PPI information from the honest ones (if there are any) by simply writing and asking them for details of all accounts you have had with PPI.
              In my opinion it is often better to have taken the SAR route as other information that may help your claim may come to light. I sent a SAR to NatWest Credit Cards and part of their reply told me they no longer had the original application for the card.

Di, Ken, Matty and others are better able to advise you than I am as they have much more experience than I do. No doubt they will be along soon.

Comment

Again back to my above and DTMM's advice.

Each lender is different and each lender will have a different plan how to jerk you about.

If it werent money it would almost be fun working out what jerking about strategy each works on.

Take Santander in your other thread. Worst of all to deal with and only the CEO letter eventually got me my information. Sad thing was I didnt even have PPI on the account But it took me 3 months to get the information to get to the fact I didnt have it. So you have to wonder what an earth the bank was doing when they didnt even have a claim to defend unless its just a blanket policy to jerk people cause they can.

Barclays on the other hand we wrote one letter they wrote one letter and gave us £lots of precious direct to our account. Job sorted 3 weeks tops no fuss no messing no heartache no policy document.

The CRA files as Scorpio suggests are good or a SAR request to your own bank is also perhaps a method or just walk into your bank and talk to one of those nice customer advisers. Admit you want some advice and that you are actually a customer and that you dont want flogging anything remotely dodgy. You never know they could furnish you with a list of your payments and who to. Just be aware if you sign something you will be with FOS probably on the next miss selling scandal. So take notes of the meeting.
                Last edited by ken100464; 18 April 2013, 09:15.

Comment

Ok, so requesting the info from my bank it is then as the lenders are claiming that without any info on the accounts, they cant find my account. Providing my name, address and date of birth isnt sufficient enough for them..... They are just being awkward no doubt, but i still nee the info and have to play ball (it seems) to get it

Comment

Try the walk in method first you may get something. If not SAR your bank or if you know which banks you had accounts with SAR them.

Might seem an expensive start at £10 a pop but you only need to have one decent claim hiding away and it all becomes worthwhile.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi

Some banks are more lenient that others, where some you could walk in and speak to the right person and they may even be kind enough to print of what you need.
                      So if any of the bank's are local it maybe worth popping in by giving them the banking account number, this way they can track down any loans and credit cards taken out with them.

Otherwise a SAR with the sufficient fee of £10, they MUST comply to, as your paying for it.
                      You find with some they will not comply without the proper letter of authority with payment. (where they may fob off).

If you taken out say 3 loans with the same bank and 2 credit cards, the SAR request you send them with one payment as said above, will cover everything you taken out with them, so you do not pay £10 for each account you taken out with them

However, another way of tracking down loan account numbers is on bank statements, so if you still hold any of them in the last 6 years, check them out, the loan account number is generally shown on your statements and the monthly payment you paid for the loans next to the name of the lender.
                      If you bank online and still with the bank, some allow you to go back 6 or 7 years.

Any probs, let us know.
                      Cheers for all info guys

Comment

Working...
                      X