GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HBOS PPI claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBOS PPI claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS PPI claim

So this is a tad complicated

In the 1990's I had a BOS Mastercard that I defaulted on. I went into a repayment plan until about 2011 when I stoped after sending a CCA request . At that time the balance was around £800 however I have a copy of a letter from BOS saying they were going to default me and the full balance of nearly £4000 was due . In 2012 it was sold to Cabot and the balance was still the £800.

In the late 1990's I also had a Halifax card which I know I had PPI on. This I settled in full around about 2003 , maybe a little earlier, could even have been in 2005 who knows at the moment - maybe if I go through my old current accounts I can find a transfer to them or something.

Anyway I have put in a claim for PPI and they have come back with both cards , if there is money owing , and I am sure there is, can they offset it against a debt that a) they sold in 2011 and b) is now well and truly statute barred

Ant PPI is not going to be mega bucks, a couple of hundred quid at the most but just wondering , not being a PPI expert and all that.

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    So this is a tad complicated

In the 1990's I had a BOS Mastercard that I defaulted on. I went into a repayment plan until about 2011 when I stoped after sending a CCA request . At that time the balance was around £800 however I have a copy of a letter from BOS saying they were going to default me and the full balance of nearly £4000 was due . In 2012 it was sold to Cabot and the balance was still the £800.

In the late 1990's I also had a Halifax card which I know I had PPI on. This I settled in full around about 2003 , maybe a little earlier, could even have been in 2005 who knows at the moment - maybe if I go through my old current accounts I can find a transfer to them or something.

Anyway I have put in a claim for PPI and they have come back with both cards , if there is money owing , and I am sure there is, can they offset it against a debt that a) they sold in 2011 and b) is now well and truly statute barred

Ant PPI is not going to be mega bucks, a couple of hundred quid at the most but just wondering , not being a PPI expert and all that.
    Have you seen this I've just posted? In this case, there was no notification that the account had even been sold!

https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...aulted-account

Comment

I believe that if an alledged debt has been sold on then they cannot pass monies from PPI to new owner BUT they would have yo buy the debt back in order to do so Ref:- FOS Site?? sure somebody will confirm for you ???
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I’m sure I had a Ppi claim that was successful and the balance was credited to account even though it had been sold?? I’ll have to check back on my records.

Comment

My PPI was repaid directly to me, it was only a few hundred quid but most of that was interest - it had been a long time. I have just started a PPI reclaim with Capital One, it really is only a few pounds but hey ho, very little helps

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
            My PPI was repaid directly to me, it was only a few hundred quid but most of that was interest - it had been a long time. I have just started a PPI reclaim with Capital One, it really is only a few pounds but hey ho, very little helps
            Mine was a lot more than "a few pounds"!

Comment

Working...
            X