GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Littlewoods PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Littlewoods PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Littlewoods PPI

Starting to chase Littlewoods for PPI on the wife's store card account. Phoned 08448 111 220 and discussed the account with them. They advised that the wife would had to have agreed to the "optional" insurance, it wouldnt have been something they would just put on the account. They also advised that the wife managed to upgrade the cover twice over a 10 year period.

I have received copies of the xtracare500 agreements which makes comment that it will only pay if she was working 18+ hours a week.

Not sure of the legalities around it but my wife has not been employed full time while she had the account, only part time. In fact, when she took the account out she was a full time mum.

Would this be good enough grounds to claim?

Any ideas would be very appreciated..

Re: Littlewoods PPI

Yea sure you can claim for a number of reasons, one being 'you were not eligible' - which is what your wife will use....

I'll PM Di30 who's our reclaim expert - she'll see you alright, sit tight
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by jpragnell View Post
        Starting to chase Littlewoods for PPI on the wife's store card account. Phoned 08448 111 220 and discussed the account with them. They advised that the wife would had to have agreed to the "optional" insurance, it wouldnt have been something they would just put on the account. They also advised that the wife managed to upgrade the cover twice over a 10 year period.

I have received copies of the xtracare500 agreements which makes comment that it will only pay if she was working 18+ hours a week.

Not sure of the legalities around it but my wife has not been employed full time while she had the account, only part time. In fact, when she took the account out she was a full time mum.

Would this be good enough grounds to claim?

Any ideas would be very appreciated..

Cheers Niddy

Hi and welcome

First of all what year did they apply the PPI?

I currrently have a case ongoing with these, and should be receiving a final response over the next fortnight.

You are correct that working part time and I recall less than 16 hours, then your wife would not/will not be eligible to make a reclaim for unemployment/sickness etc.

So yes basically these are grounds for a complaint/reclaim.

What I would do is write to them, and tell them you have recently been researching the cover, and it is found that it is/was worthless, because...............(as you said above).
        Tell them you would have raised this up earlier, but have only now became aware of the mis selling of PPI and you strongly believe you have a genuine case to make a reclaim.

What they will do is send you their very own complaint form, it differs from the usual reclaim questionnaire, the one they send you will be disclosed with of the catalogue account number, and you complete to the very best of your knowledge.
        Always keep copies in case you need to refer back to the case again.

I take it you have the relevant address details?

We suggest to always complain in writing, you then have proof of this unlike complaning over the telephone.

Comment

Thanks di30 for your reply. Unfortunately I don't habe address details

Comment

Your welcome, give me a min, I shall check on my thread now.

Comment

It's the data dept address I have on my thread, but just checked one of the letters received from them and they come under Shop Direct as below, as they deal with these complaint matters, but still confirm your complaint is that of Littlewoods ExtraCare Insurance though.

Shop Direct
              Home Shopping Ltd
              Sandringham House
              Sandringham Avenue
              Chelmsford
              CM92 1LR

Comment

Excellent and thanks again. Ill update when I have some news.

Comment

Originally posted by jpragnell View Post
                  Excellent and thanks again. Ill update when I have some news.

That will be good, and the very best of luck!

Comment

My mother reclaimed her PPI, only excuse she used was, she was led to believe she needed it, they were happy with that, which seems to fit any circumstance really lol
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                      My mother reclaimed her PPI, only excuse she used was, she was led to believe she needed it, they were happy with that, which seems to fit any circumstance really lol

Hiya

Glad your mum was successful.

May I ask on what year did they add this to the catalogue account please? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X