GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cardif Pinnacle / NRAM reclaim hassle - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cardif Pinnacle / NRAM reclaim hassle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardif Pinnacle / NRAM reclaim hassle

Evening all,

Back again and this time I need serious help as I want to take Cardif Pinnacle/ NRAM to court to reclaim PPI.

To cut a very long story short, I had MPPI with NRAM underwritten by Cardif Pinnacle.

Made a successful claim back in 2009 found another job and the company went into liquidation.

Tried to make another claim and it was declined due the terms of the policy.

Made a complaint to Cardif Pinnacle & NRAM about this as I was sold MPPI and Cardif Pinnacle said I was sold just PPI (2 different terms and conditions)

Anyway one kept blaming the other and visa versa

Finally NRAM confirmed in writing that what they had sold me was MPPI and they mis-sold it.

So I decided to go to FOS and low and behold they ruled against me even though NRAM had admitted liability and under the terms of the MPPI I could of made another claim but as I hadn't suffered a loss and had actually claimed more than I'd paid in tough. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the name of the insurance game????? some you win, some you lose???????

So during the FOS complaint I kept paying the premiums as I thought it would be prudent to do so in case FOS ruled in my favor.

I didn't want either NRAM or Cardif rejecting the ruling with sorry you cancelled over 2 years ago.

They have tried to tell me they would have honored what FOS had decided. Yeah right and I'm the next chosen one.

Hopefully this makes some sense to someone out there.

I was going to be dammed if I had cancelled and won and now I dammed cause I lost.

Cardif & NRAM a both refusing to refund my premiums SINCE my claim finished though they do understand the reason behind me keeping the policy live but it was my choice not to cancel. Yes so neither of them could possibly wriggle out of paying a further claim if the FOS gods had acted correctly

They are not getting away with taking £1400 off me without a fight thats for sure and I'm not relying on FOS to do the right thing so court it is.

Oh, and they keep telling me to refer to the other party all the time and passing the buck

Anyway thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
    Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 11 October 2012, 18:34.
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Re: Cardif Pinnacle / NRAM reclaim hassle

Bump

Comment

Hi there

I will get someone who knows how to deal with matters under the courts, who may have experience of using courts.

So sorry for not responding any earlier and sure someone will be along soon.

Comment

I think your biggest mistake was continuance of payments, that suggests you knew exactly what you had - you should never continue to pay into the policy as technically a mis-sold policy would mean you wanted it gone, there and then.

I presume the fact you kept paying has cost you this as technically, based on the post above, I would also read it as you knew what it was and hence kept it live so you were happy with the product, regardless that you were reclaiming.

Sorry but I think you've shot yourself in the foot. If the FOS have ruled against you, even though you have a letter from the provider saying they agree you were mis-sold the policy, what was their reasoning for siding with the insurer? That's what confuses me - maybe if you could send me a copy of the fos ruling I could make sense of it better.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            I will get someone who knows how to deal with matters under the courts, who may have experience of using courts.
            I strongly suggest you (or the OP) reconsider this. You will likely lose if the FOS ruled against you, the defendant will (of course) use this as part of their defence and most courts do follow the party-line to quicken a case and so will agree with the FOS unless there were fundamental errors and from what you've said above, I don't think there are.

For instance, you kept paying - why? If you did not want something the moment you realised that you did not want it you would cancel - why did you not cancel this? The FOS and everyone else will automatically presume that you knew and accepted you had a policy and so made a claim, the fact they declined the second claim pissed you off so you went and put in a reclaim.

I could be wrong but that's how it reads.....
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi all,

The reason I kept making the payments was because it was with FOS.

If FOS had ruled in my favor do you really honestly think that NRAM or Cardif Pinnacle would have paid a second claim when I hadn't made any premium payments for 2+ yrs????

I personally think they would have used this to reject the FOS decision as they have the same rights as me not to accept it.

So either way I got shafted and they are allowed to get away with it.

They can admit mis-selling and even quote the following "Essentially, it was your choice to keep the policy running after we issued a final response and whilst we understand the reasons behind you keeping the policy live, NRAM had no responsibility for this decision."

If this is the case there is something seriously f*cking wrong with the system in this country and financial institutions are still riding roughshot over everyone.I can see a day when forums like this one will cease to exist as the corporations are tying everything up tighter than a ducks arse.What with Barclays, NRAM & Countrywide ripping me off & FOS being more biased, corrupt & one sided than any third world government I might as well start defrauding them.

Cheers as always
              Scrappy Coco
              Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 14 October 2012, 16:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I strongly suggest you (or the OP) reconsider this. You will likely lose if the FOS ruled against you, the defendant will (of course) use this as part of their defence and most courts do follow the party-line to quicken a case and so will agree with the FOS unless there were fundamental errors and from what you've said above, I don't think there are.

Hi NID & DI

This is another problem with my thread about Barclays.

They have written back with their final response and basically not answered any of the questions I put to them about all the communication between FOS & Barclays and FOS totally messing up my complaint and ruling against me.

I have it all in black and white what actually occurred yet your quote above suggests I'd get screwed in court because of a complete f*ck up of a FOS ruling and Barclays failing on 5 occasions now to answer me or FOS????

Correct me if I am wrong.

They know they can get away with it and their ain't sh*t we can do about it as they'll just send along a barrister who will blow the judge and job done

Cheers
                Scrappy Coco
                Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 14 October 2012, 16:34.

Comment

Hiya

I am a little stumped to be honest, as it appears to be complexed from what I can personally see of it.

The fact they ignored your questions you asked, I take it you have also tried writing to the main guy on this (CEO)? I think I may have also mentioned this before, but maybe an MP could write on your behalf, they should certainly write back to them and it's so wrong that they ignore us customers and that we have to go this far.

I can of course see how annoying this is, and it must be very frustrating too!

Sorry I am not experienced with the courts when it comes to dealing with them.

Comment

Cheers DI30

Much appreciated as always

Cheers
                    Scrappy Coco

Comment

Mate

I'm not being harsh but the fact you paid suggests you wanted it. I've explained above....

You never keep a policy going. That was your downfall sadly.

Comment

Regards Barclays - I can't say and no, I never said that. I suggested that the defendant would (as would you and I if we won) use the fact the FOS ruled in their favour to add a lot of weight. That said the FOS do not apply nor adhere to legal legislation/law. They base decisions based on their interpretation of the facts.

A judge MUST take into account the facts, legal precedent and the law/legislative guidance etc

A judge may rule either way. But instead of arguing with FOS - just go down the UE route and walk away...!

Comment

Hi NID,

Sorry about the rant. It just really gets my back up knowing I have basically given these criminals in suits my hard earned cash for basically feck all.

I do have one other avenue to explore. When this first happened and I complained to Cardif Pinnacle I spoke to AN Other and vaguely remember him advising he would be happy to refund my premiums since my claim finished. This was back in August 2010.

I have his phone number written down. Might be worth a quick call

Thanks as always
                          Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                            Hi NID,

Sorry about the rant. It just really gets my back up knowing I have basically given these criminals in suits my hard earned cash for basically feck all.

I do have one other avenue to explore. When this first happened and I complained to Cardif Pinnacle I spoke to AN Other and vaguely remember him advising he would be happy to refund my premiums since my claim finished. This was back in August 2010.

I have his phone number written down. Might be worth a quick call

Thanks as always
                            Scrappy Coco
                            yea go for it, but do it quick before he gets wind that the fos sided with them....

I know it's frustrating but that's the FOS; as I keep saying they base their assessment on all facts, not the relevant ones and the fact you paid the premium suggests you knew the policy was there and so kept it going....

Just saying, if I was the defendant as you'd claimed against me that is what I would say to the court.... I expect them to do the same sadly.

Comment

Evening all,

Finally moved to our new house and what a bloody nightmare. Will be unpacking for months.

Anyway I got onto Cardif Pinnacle and they basically advised me to contact NRAM as they are only the underwriter. Can't contact the AN Other as he has left the company and there is no record of our conversation.

So it's off to FOS again but I won't be holding my breath

Cheers

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Working...
                              X