GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script car insurance canceled by provider but insurance finance company want £120 for what?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

car insurance canceled by provider but insurance finance company want £120 for what??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car insurance canceled by provider but insurance finance company want £120 for what??

I'm not sure where this should go so I'm hoping that it can be moved appropriately and more importantly some advice given.

My son had car insurance which started as he was a student. He is now working full time. When we called the insurance company to update his details we were told that they would cancel the policy, they weren't interested in changing the details with new payment amounts. We were informed that since they were canceling the policy there would be no further charges at all.

However, as it's a policy that was monthly installments these are provided by a loan facility. They now want £120 as the policy has been canceled. My lad was paying £160 a month as a student, now he's in work it's £120 with a different company, strangely the company that wasn't wanting to change the policy to reflect the changes came up as a possible insurer in the "compare the market" search we did.

The firm canceled the policy for no reason so I'm not seeing what my lad needs to pay £120 for absolutely nothing for to this insurance loan company.

I'm glad we've left the other insurer as they were shite and had provided a black box which when my lads first car had engine trouble and was in limp mode registered him for speeding and harsh acceleration, the car couldn't drive over 20mph, you can't make it up. Still waiting for their investigation into that.

Any help would be good.

Hi josefk

I find this place good for auto insurance advice

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/

Comment

Originally posted by CAPS ESC View Post
      Hi josefk

I find this place good for auto insurance advice

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/
      Thanks for the pointer. I will have a look.

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn't get a notification email that there'd been a reply which I normally do.

Comment

Working...
      X