GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Howard Cohen Solicitors etc. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howard Cohen Solicitors etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Cohen Solicitors etc.

Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and would really appreciate some advice.

I had a letter from Howard Cohen Solicitors dated 21st December (received 31st Dec) regarding an amount of £278.49 I owe to Next. I phoned Howard Cohen this evening and explained that I contacted Next on 3rd November, paid £35 ( 2 x payments and a late fee) and set up a monthly direct debit to pay the remainder of the balance. Next did not take a payment in December and then I received the letter from Howard Cohen. They said they don't have the reasons why Next sent them the debt, they are just there to collect it. Fair enough. So I offered to pay £15 a month and they said it's too late and that the only options open to me are to either pay the full amount weekly over 8 weeks, or pay 3 installments of £115.50 as they have added a £65 fee and issued papers to the court. Apparently I should hear from the court in a few days and if I don't pay the full amount off within 3 months I will have a CCJ.

I offered to make a payment this evening of £15 but they were not interested. I then went on to the website they state on their letter (ICanPayU.co.uk) to try and make a payment but it only accepts the full amount, there is no option to make an installment. I don't know what to do because obvisouly I do not want a CCJ but I cannot afford £115.50 a month. I am worried sick about the court side of things. I do want to pay what I owe but am also worried about the possibility of more fees being added.

Re other debts.....I have two credit cards and have fallen behind in payments to both. I also have a letter from CapQuest re £621.90 I owe to Capital One, plus MBNA are chasing me for £950 I owe on a Virgin Credit card. CapQuest have given me until tomorrow to reply to their letter but I just don't know what to say because no doubt they will want more than I can afford.

Regarding MBNA...I have been paying £25 a month online each month for several months despite them saying this wasn't enough - they are therefore still chasing me with letters and phone calls.

It has got to the point where I can only answer the phone if it is a number I know and I dread the post each day. I admit I have buried my head in the sand to some extent but what do you do when these companies wont accept what you can afford?

I am so worried now about the possibility of court with Howard Cohen and I have to contact CapQuest by tomorrow (6th)

Sorry for the long post (just wanted to give a clear picture) but I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks
    Last edited by Casey1965; 5 January 2012, 20:52.

Re: Howard Cohen Solicitors etc.

Hiya

Wankers cannot demand payments like this.... can you back peddle and just clarify, prior to Next selling the account how many missed payments were there?

I am trying to establish if Next sold this to Howard Cohens with only one missed payment in which case we'll demand that next take over it again......

Please clarify and stop stressing, it'll snow gold before you get a CCJ for this - trust me...... I will sort you a response that will sort this, so provide the info and we'll get working for you.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Capquest etc, what!! Are they for real...?

Ok, with Capquest & virgin can you clarify you're paying them back an amount each month yea?

I think the best thing for you here may be to speak to our guy that can sort a managed DMP for you, its free, but he will deal with these scum for you and releive ALL creditor pressure and get your payments down to the bare minimal until you're back on your feet again - interested? Check your PM's, follow my advice there and he will sort you out - all above board with a CCL etc so don't worry, he's good - very good
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

PM sent - I would speak to our guy and see what he says first - if anyone can help he will be able to and will also utilise the CFS to your advantage to get the payment lower until you can afford it, plus stop most the shyte mail and calls....

Best of luck, we need you to update this thread as he cannot for DPA reasons.

Comment

Hiya

I have not missed payments for months on end but payments have not been as regular as they should have been so sometimes I have missed payments and sometimes I tried to catch up. (I've been struggling financially since getting divorced in 2010).

Here's a list of payments I made during the last year: -

30/12/2010 £110.40
          07/02/2011 £ 50.00
          16/03/2011 £ 45.00
          11/05/2011 £ 80.00
          08/06/2011 £ 35.00
          27/09/2011 £ 36.00
          04/10/2011 £ 35.00
          03/11/2011 £ 35.00

Comment

Read your PM's

Click this: ---> allaboutFORUMS | PM's

Comment

Working...
            X