GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script fidèlité card! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fidèlité card!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fidèlité card!

Well I came home today and my sister said a man left you this envelope was trying to demand your mobile number! .

In the envelope was a card from fidèlitè credit management saying I have to call to discuss my account.I have no idea who these people are!.

I did have a debt quite a few years ago and was paying them, realised they had my date of birth wrong when I missed a payment and they wanted me to answer a security question.
    I refused anymore payments until they proved I owed the debt as my details were wrong.

Any advice on replying to these fidèlitè people will be appreciated.

I only wish to communicate via letter and do not require anymore doorstep visits....can I request this?.

Re: fidèlité card!

Have you ever sent off a CCA request with the £1 fee? If not, that would be your first step.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLC;583982]Have you ever sent off a CCA request with the £1 fee? If not, that would be your first step.

What is a CCA and how/who do you pay the £1 to?.

Comment

A CCA is the consumer credit agreement for the alleged debt. A letter can be found at this link http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038 - it needs to be sent to whoever is chasing you. Do not sign it. Send a postal order with it for £1 (costs £1.50), send signed for so you can track it. It is the first step you need to do to see if the debt is enforceable or not. Check out some diaries on the unenforceable diary thread!

Comment

fidelite = Snotcall ( oopss Scotcall old name) do not ring them, obviously a DCA on chasing mode, you must of had dealing from a DCA in the past? or s credit card company where you failed to repay>> more detail needed.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

[QUOTE=JLC;583990]A CCA is the consumer credit agreement for the alleged debt. A letter can be found at this link http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038 - it needs to be sent to whoever is chasing you. Do not sign it. Send a postal order with it for £1 (costs £1.50), send signed for so you can track it. It is the first step you need to do to see if the debt is enforceable or not. Check out some diaries on the unenforceable diary thread![/QUOTE

Thanks for your help so far,will definitely send that off to them and see what the hell they want.

It's been so long I can't remember the last time I made a payment!.

Comment

well if it's over 6 years it could be statute barred - i'd find out exactly how long since you had contact over this debt before you send off this CCA and your postal order..

Comment

You could also include our doorstep template telling them not to call unless they have been invited they have no right to call .Do not call or speak to them but as said send for your CCA asap let us know what they send back.x

Itsca good idea to read through our diaries to get a feel for things and maybe starting our own so we can keep you on track,so to speak.
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How can I find out if it is statue barred?.

Comment

Thank you for all your help so far,I still have no clue who they are or what they want.The man was quite abrupt with my sister which really annoys me.

I will include the doorstep letter.

Comment

Originally posted by mikethebike42 View Post
                      How can I find out if it is statue barred?.
                      Are you able to go back through your bank statements or online banking to see when you last paid them?
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                        Are you able to go back through your bank statements or online banking to see when you last paid them?

Unfortunately not I did a lot of shredding over Xmas as the statements and other paperwork was mounting up

Comment

Your best bet is to wait to see what and which company the debt is for, then send an SAR to the original creditor. This will tell you on the CCA request. Do you not have access to online statements?

Comment

then sign up to CRA for free there is Noddle for starters and see what defaults registered if any and by whom, then you may have a better idea what it is all about, even more so send £10.00 to your Bank for a SAR request should give all the details you need regarding statements etc..??

Comment

SAR is probably your best bet when you find out what it is for. If you think you may be close to SB date I would stay away from the CRA people as it may wake up other debts if you have them.
                              When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                              X