GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Credit checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit checks

Hi

Hope someone can help, it's been quite a long time since I posted.

Basically, I have a large amount of debt from early 2000s, most of which defaulted 2004/2005. Initially I was on token payments for some time, but then found out about potential unenforceability, which there was some success with (thanks again). The other still accounts chase me and send letters but nowhere near as bad as it was.

My details are pretty much all registered at another address, as is my bank, but I am currently elsewhere.

I have very little income, and no assets, so no credit or anything, but what is worrying me is I do have telephone and broadband where i am at the moment, which has my date of birth, and the broadband is being passed to another company.

I don't know much about how the collectors check you/trace you, but I do know that even when I wrote from a post office box, they would always write to the house address, not the po box.

I've spent years avoiding answering my door and being scared of anyone finding out where I live, and have found all the contact and visits unbelievably stressful in the past.

I know I'm rambling on, but what I wondered was, can you be traced via, say, your broadband account, say? I am panicking that this is being transferred and it may mean they'll find me here. Not to avoid replying to them, just to avoid the stress of them coming to the door or talking to neighbours, basically the pressure.

Does anyone know how the agents find out all your details or if there is anything to be particularly cautious of, aware of.

Thank you very much

Re: Credit checks

Just list them in a diary on here by date to whom last payment type of account who is chasing>?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No BB/Sky do not utilise CRA's ordinarily. However DVLA and BT for example, will share your info with CRA's as do certain electric companies (BG/eOn) and water boards.

Then you have N Hunter which is another product designed to link people to applications (inc employment and vetting) - so there is no real way to hide nowadays.

best to let us know as and when anything gets too stressful.... keep doing what you are currently doing for now. After 6 years since last payment you'll be fine and it'll all stop.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks very much, both.

I started a diary a while back (probably when you first started here, right enough), but Niddy had also previously helped me on another forum and a couple of them sent letters saying they wouldn't pursue/couldn't find the paperwork (which was great).

Still a good few left, but I pretty much ignore them for the moment, just answering to say it is in dispute, as I have requested CCA stuff from all of them years ago, and people like Barclaycard only ever send terms and conditions but insist it is a CCA.

That's good news on the broadband, a bit of a relief. Yeah, I think I got caught out once before with a power company, so it's hard to know.

Wow, you can even be linked now if you are applying for certain jobs - scary stuff, well, it is to me.

Thanks very much again. Yeah, I'll keep trying to fly under the radar and wait it out, and let you know if anything changes. I kept up the token payments for too long, so still another couple of years to go anyway, I think.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X