GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Dolly Daydream's Debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolly Daydream's Debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolly Daydream's Debts

I am currently in Oman and will be returning to UK (Northern Ireland) in October

I has a very bad divorce back in 1997 and was left with my two sons(14 and 15) I had 3 jobs starting at 7.30am and getting home at 10.00pm 6 nights a week and managed to keep paying everything, things got too much and ended up in hospital as I could see no way out and was physically and mentally exhausted.

Had a dmp through a company called Debtcall up until end June 2007 when my sister offered me a job in Oman where I have been for exactly the past 5 years and l have not paid anything since 2007.

I know these debts will catch up with me but I am now ready to put up a fight.

Debts were I think 30k and I had 1ccj (could have been more after l left)

All debts were way before 2007 and I think all had default notices probably around 2004

I have read today on the Internet that ccj's from England are not enforceable in Northern Ireland as they have the own court system and that the creditor would have to apply to a court in NI to enforce the ccj Is this true?

Tried to get a credit report this past week but experian?? Requested copies of bank statements, drivers license, passport etc so I told them to cancel my subscription as they had taken my account details.

Can you help me through this nightmare?

Re: Welcome to Dolly daydream

Hi

First things first, do not get your credit file or anything - just forget these, they will all be approaching Statute Barred plus right now they do not know where you are, by the time you get back to the UK and settled, the odds of any of these old debts catching up with you are very very slim.

Whatever you do, do not go writing to, or contacting anyone regards these debts. Unlike Oman, it's not illegal to be in debt here and you'll not go to prison.

These will not now show on any credit record so forget your credit file, the defaults are too old and thus will totally be gone.

Just forget this past, move to the UK and carry on with your life - if anyone contacts you then do not do anything, before coming here and running ut past us. We'll see you over the finish line, seriously don't worry

& welcome to AAD, we're pleased to have you on board especially as you found us in Oman
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Welcome to Dolly daydream

Hi Dolly Daydream,
      Welcome to AAD! I honestly think as Niddy says you have no need to worry about these debts.
      You only have till 2013 before they are Statute Barred (less if you move back to live in Scotland).

Whatever you do don't go checking your credit file either now or especially when you get back, just quietly get on with your life.

kind regards,
      Shep x

Comment

Re: Dolly Daydream's Debts

Thank you both for your replies I can honestly say just finding out about you yesterday and reading the diaries and threads has cheered me up no end and has also given me the courage to face these people head on if they come chasing

You are all doing a brilliant job supporting and giving people back their dignity.

Thank you so much

Lorna x

Comment

Re: Dolly Daydream's Debts

I love to hear a good story like this, well done for pulling your life around Dolly, if you follow the advice given here you have no worries at all.

Comment

Working...
          X