GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Inter-Credit International Ltd (DVLA) suddenly contacting me. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inter-Credit International Ltd (DVLA) suddenly contacting me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inter-Credit International Ltd (DVLA) suddenly contacting me.

±Hi everybody,

I wonder if anyone else out there can help with this. Inter credit International Ltd has suddenly started me selling letters out of the blue.

The letters relate to a vehicle that I used to own way back in 2010.

The letter reads

"In accordance with our instructions by the DVLA, you will registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle registration number as above on 01/02/2010.

We must therefore recover the full amount outstanding, including all additional costs in accordance with the statut.

Should you wish to avoid disruption, you must pay £80 immediately, otherwise legal action through the county courts make amends and your vehicle may be clamped and impounded."

As far as I'm aware all the documentation was filled in and sent to the DVLA. Has anybody else had dealings with this company?

I'm going to seem that because it's the DVLA I have to deal with I have no choice but to pay the £80?

Many thanks

Re: Inter-Credit International Ltd (DVLA) suddenly contacting me.

Originally posted by closing View Post
    I wonder if anyone else out there can help with this. Inter credit International Ltd has suddenly started me selling letters out of the blue.

The letters relate to a vehicle that I used to own way back in 2010.

The letter reads

"In accordance with our instructions by the DVLA, you will registered keeper of an unlicensed vehicle registration number as above on 01/02/2010.

We must therefore recover the full amount outstanding, including all additional costs in accordance with the statut.

Should you wish to avoid disruption, you must pay £80 immediately, otherwise legal action through the county courts make amends and your vehicle may be clamped and impounded.
    "

As far as I'm aware all the documentation was filled in and sent to the DVLA. Has anybody else had dealings with this company?

I'm going to seem that because it's the DVLA I have to deal with I have no choice but to pay the £80?
    If that is really what was sent, first check with the DVLA and then, when you discover it's a lot of bollocks and an attempt at fraud, take it to the police.

Comment

For the avoidance of doubt, the following is what a letter from those pestilential pillocks should state; there is nothing about "making amends" nor any reference to any "statut" (sic).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 18 March 2012, 16:24.

Comment

Thats the letter than they send you as a matter of course. If like me youve been trying to work out what to do you get the following letter

Click image for larger version

Name:	7226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1386018

Cleverclogs, did you pay the demand on the first letter then I assume?
        Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 18 March 2012, 16:50. Reason: Edited photo and removed name and reg number!

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          For the avoidance of doubt, the following is what a letter from those pestilential pillocks should state; there is nothing about "making amends" nor any reference to any "statut" (sic).
          is that yours or lifted from interwebby?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by closing View Post
            Thats the letter than they send you as a matter of course. If like me youve been trying to work out what to do you get the following letter
            ... which was nothing like what you originally posted.

Cleverclogs, did you pay the demand on the first letter then I assume?
            No, nor would I, for I would have sent off the V5 by Special Delivery as I believe the DVLA to be staffed almost entirely by people whose heads are up their backsides.

I would, however, contact a journalist I know who has reported on such stories before - link

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              is that yours or lifted from interwebby?
              The latter.

I thought you knew that the only driving I do is to drive people round the twist.

Comment

@Never-In-Doubt
                Yup that's the final letter that I got and scanned after Clever Clogs posted his.

@CleverClogs
                I posted the last latter that I found and then when doing some clearing up I found the finale letter after being spurred on by your scan.

Moving forward I'm a touch stuck as I don't have anything here to prove things for my end. The Register Article I've seen before. It's looking like a pay it for peace of mind thing :-(

Comment

So pay it, if you want to.

Such is the way that all blackmail succeeds.

Comment

I am just having a look at the advice given to me in this forum.

I don't have the posting certificate any more as this was after all back in 2010.

Other than reporting this to the journalist mentioned in one of the links, does anyone else have any advice or have you had any dealings with this company?

Comment

ps as an update the above is rather irrelevant based on new legislation which allows you to tell private parking firms to fuck off if they make silly threats. I know you could do that previously but now it's harder for them to enforce, let alone try & clamp!
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X