GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Sygma Bank Credit Cards - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sygma Bank Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sygma Bank Credit Cards

Hi All,

I have a Creation card, which I've had for over a year now, albeit with a low(ish) credit limit of £1500. The credit limit was increased by Creation earlier this year (no request from me). Repayment history is impeccable.

There's no balance on there whatsoever but I do have a Barclaycard with approximately £2500 balance at a very high rate. I was recently sent an offer to do a balance transfer to Creation at 3% and after having done all the maths, I worked out that if I could BT the £2500 to Creation and up my payments for the duration, I could save a chunk in interest. I contacted Creation to request a credit limit increase to £2500 to enable the full amount to be transferred across - and this was declined, with them stating I'm at the maximum credit limit for that account.

After reading this thread, I went to their website and applied for a new card and have been accepted for one with a credit limit of £2500, with a 0% balance transfer rate over a longer period than the offer on my first card!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in anyway griping about it (or indeed Creation) - I think they're great. It just seems bonkers that a company wouldn't increase a credit limit from £1500 to £2500, but would issue a new product resulting in an overall exposure of £4000.

BTW, balance transfer done and Barclaycard account closed!! Happy days :)

Comment

Lol
      With creation you can re-apply for a new card every couple of months now and get accepted. I know someone with 13 accounts!!!

They can only give a 33% limit increase every 6mth so you probs got declined as you asked for more than 33% and/or within 6mth of last increment. Best way, open a new account :lol

Well done. Wise spending!!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

:helloooo

I've just cleared the balance on my flybe. :phew
        I took it out to pay off another card and make use of the 12 months interest free balance transfer. Although i didn't manage to pay it off in 12 months, it has been run to AAD protocol: Direct debit set to minimum and then logged in a few days later and paid some more by card.

I was hoping they would give me another fecker to pay off what i would like to say (as if !) is my last mastercard.

As soon as the account has been updated and showing zero balance should i write to them and close, give it a month and apply for a balance transfer card with them, or apply for a second card in a couple of weeks time?

Edit: When i called them last month they said the system was not offering any second cards at the time.

Cheers
        SA :beer
        Last edited by SA Gold; 14 November 2014, 15:20.
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Afternoon,
          Any suggestions on the above? :Cheers :beer
          When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Does it have to be with Sygma?

Some providers wont allow you to open another account if you have recently closed one down.

Comment

[QUOTE=oscar;448368]Does it have to be with Sygma?

Some providers wont allow you to open another account if you have recently closed one down.[/QUOTE]

No doesn't have to be mate, i know its just been advised that they lend to non-perfect credit history. Defaults are now over 3 years old but my bank (Lloyds still wont give me a credit card ((or increase overdraft - which i was trying as a test)).

Any suggestions on who to try for 0% balance transfer? :beer

Comment

Just spotted [URL="http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showthread.php?15726-Natwest-Application-Pre-Checker"]Niddy's thread on Natwest[/URL]. Hero! :beer

Comment

Working...
                X