GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DCA offer discount on CCJ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DCA offer discount on CCJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCA offer discount on CCJ

Does a DCA's offer of a 30% discount for settlement of an old CCJ mean they have given up?

Alternatively, is it a ploy to get a response to get you to put your head above the parapet?

Is the CCJ being paid? How long ago was it awarded and if not being paid, when was the last payment?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Nothing paid since forthwith in 2007. Was sold about 2010, but not a twitter from owner until last year, when threats started, and, annoying though they be, ignored.

It must have risen to the top of the pile. £11500 is tempting them, but not enough for them to pay further court fees, apparently.

Comment

From what I have read they will have to return to court to get any enforcement action and will need good reasons to justify why they have failed to do anything.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seems to be what is published, with a few exceptions for absconders.

There must be a bag of "lost causes" that is given to the latest recruits to the farm, and they are goaded into trying to make their bonus by assisting the public to help them redeem their bosses' investment. Perhaps they will eventually give up, but it is an annoyance.

Comment

I had two very very old CCJs from 1993 wish which I had been paying at the paltry rate of £5 a month. In 2012 I contacted one of them to be basically told, if I stopped paying there was not much they could do. That was with Barclays , I now have a Barclaycard

The fact they haven't enforced in 12 years tends to suggest they can't.
            Such a shame Joanna Connolly or Diana Mayhew weren't about back in the day

Comment

Maybe the Internet is more useful to us than those horrible creatures living on us like parasites.

It is a shame there is no way to extinguish them. The little blighters have roots everywhere, like dry rot and Japanese knotweed.

I expect the majority of CCJs are acquired when desperate and blind to the way out of the pit. It is wonderful how they call us constantly to help us out (and stress that they do) by throwing a rope they then use to hang us.

And breathe......

Comment

Working...
              X