GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need a Niddy Special! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a Niddy Special!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiscalfool
    replied
    Re: Need a Niddy Special!

Nah, I guess my ex and her mother are sorting it out themselves. When I next get an email from her, I shall try to find out which company ... for curiosity sake more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

any more info on this yet mate?

Leave a comment:

• fiscalfool
    replied

Id love to name and shame them ... my ex hasn't told me yet whom her mother is using.

Leave a comment:

• Numpty Monkey
    replied

I don't think they can charge PPI on a DMP
    I can't see how they can ?

Contacting CCCS about either moving the DMP,
    to them or wether a DRO is the best way is a good option

Go one name and shame the scummer company

Leave a comment:

• billypre
    replied

Sounds like this DMP has a pretty neat racket going. Absolutely disgusting way to treat people who are already obviously in financial difficulty. These are the sorts of cases which should be totally stamped out and everything done to make the DMP company pay !!

Leave a comment:

• fiscalfool
    replied

I haven't got many details.

But apparently she built up some debt many years ago, when my ex and her sisters were younger. A debt management company we shall call "The Sharks" set her up with a DMP. They charge her a fee of £30 a month to "manage" this, and then on top they charge her £7.50 a month for PPI, in case she cannot make her DMP payments due to work problems!

I'm not sure whom she owes money to, nor the balances ... but upon first inspection, with less than £15k a DRO seemed wise. But also if "The Sharks" are charging her PPI, then she could haul them over the coals!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I couldn't answer such things....

Who is the dmp with - who is original creditor - what the hell is going on here? LOL - she doesnss't owe the dmp company anything, she owes a creditor and as for them charging PPi - who the hell is it?

Please name and shame - i'd love to see this!

Leave a comment:

• fiscalfool
    started a topic Need a Niddy Special!

Need a Niddy Special!

Niddy,

This is totally unrelated to my situation and is for my ex g/f's mother.

She has been in a DMP for many years. She pays £90 a month, or which £30 is an admin fee and £7.50 is PPI! She cannot recall being sold the PPI.

We've told her it's madness paying for a DMP. My ex suggested changing her to CCCS or PayPlan ... BUT ... when I asked how much she owed, it's about £10k.

Firstly would a DRO be her best option? She doesn't have any assets, no car, and lives in a council property.

Secondly, if she's been mis-sold PPI through a DMP, can she still reclaim that?!?

cheers ears.
Working...
X