GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Daft Question re DMPs - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daft Question re DMPs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daft Question re DMPs

I keep getting bugged by Fresh Start Financial and lately, The Money Group (which is essentially the same organisation)

Saying I work for A large credit company and the effect on my credit file is starting to fall on deaf ears, and I am being told a DMP only shows as ONE missed payment, although they did agree that the creditor would, more than likely terminate the account.

I know essentially, they are correct in that one month missed payment puts the account into default, but my understanding with most creditors is that they continue to report each month - eventually going to two three months in arrears etc, if the account is not already at this stage! - eventually, the account will default anyway after six months arrears (and most creditors will sell on)

Am I correct here arnt I?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Daft Question re DMPs

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    I am being told a DMP only shows as ONE missed payment
    They are telling you porkies.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
      They are telling you porkies.
      That's the polite way of putting it (usually they list it as late payment, which it is!)...
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I keep getting bugged by Fresh Start Financial and lately, The Money Group (which is essentially the same organisation)
        Ooooh lucky you

Saying I work for A large credit company and the effect on my credit file is starting to fall on deaf ears, and I am being told a DMP only shows as ONE missed payment, although they did agree that the creditor would, more than likely terminate the account.
        A DMP will list as late payments until such time the account is formally defaulted, that is why I always state it is best to get defaulted early so it falls off in 6yrs, if you pay into a dmp then you'll in essence stop the default meaning they could, if it took you 10 years to pay it, show data for a total of 16 years - 10 years late payments, they 6 years account history after that = 16yrs of adverse data - get a default by not paying NOW and the data drops off in 6yrs.

I know essentially, they are correct in that one month missed payment puts the account into default, but my understanding with most creditors is that they continue to report each month - eventually going to two three months in arrears etc, if the account is not already at this stage! - eventually, the account will default anyway after six months arrears (and most creditors will sell on)
        No they are incorrect, you need to be at LEAST one payment late but most lenders give at least 3 months prior to formally defaulting the account - it should be completed after 6mth of no payment, but not always the case!! A lender does NOT have to default you mate, if they decide to leave it with status [8]'s then tough - what can you do? I have the same with an incorrect link, HSBC have added a default on the incorrect linked address on my report, 5 years of status [8],s before they defaulted..... I can't do anything about it cos it aint my account, but thats another story!

Am I correct here arnt I?
        Are you asking a question, or telling us you're correct? However, No mate - you're not, Not quite....
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Niddy you know me - I am always vague!!

You got my gist - one month late 'officially' puts the account/agreement into default - but as you say, it is usually at least three months before formal action is taken/starts.

I am aware that a DMP can prevent an actual default as such, but the bad data - which could be 8 months late (depending how long the dmp was for) would be there. At the end of the day, that is virtually as bad as a default on messes the credit file up completely.

What I meant when I said I am correct is that the data continues to report and the account will be defaulted (in the majority of cases) at some point or at least be seriously screwed. And to say that it wont keep reporting as one month (cos there would be no point in that!)

Comment

Solution - stop paying, get defaulted then set up DMP mate.

sorted.

Comment

Even worse from their (TMG) website.

It is likely that you will receive default notices from your creditors upon commencement of your plan as the first 2 months’ payments are taken as an initial fee and payments are not made to your creditors.

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                Even worse from their (TMG) website.
                why do people still go to these fee paying dmc when they can go to a free one,whom the crediters are more likely to accept onto dmp anyway
                at the start of this journey i owed
                £52000.00 UNSECURED £5000.00 SECURED
                £0000.00 secured debt as of 17/12/2010 fingers crossed
                on 14/07/2012 i now have £32.000 unsecured and £15.000 unenforceable [thanks to niddy and aad ]
                as of 17/03/13 its now £26K AND £15K UE
                ITS COMING DOWN SLOWLY WHILE STILL ENJOYING MY LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by wishfullthinking View Post
                  why do people still go to these fee paying dmc when they can go to a free one,whom the crediters are more likely to accept onto dmp anyway
                  Because the free ones don't make up bullshit claims about what they can do. And when we first realise we're in the doo-dah we flail round looking for the most painless way to get out of it. That's when even more money gets taken from what we don't have. It's bad enough robbing Peter to pay Paul but having Roger come along and cream some off as well....

'No pain, no gain' could've been written for being in debt.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe View Post
                    Because the free ones don't make up bullshit claims about what they can do.
                    Exactly.

Interesting report on the OFT's last mystery shop of these companies. Calling them up as a customer and seeing what they claimed to be able to do/offer.

Mystery Shopping Report

Comment

I don't know wether to be angry, sad or relieved at that report Rizzle
                      It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Working...
                      X