GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Default Removal Help! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Default Removal Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Removal Help!

Hello!

I'm looking for some help in getting a couple of defaults removed from my credit record. They are registered with Lowells, I honestly don't ever recall being notified of any defaults on these occasions being filed against me.

My husband and I are desperate to buy our own home, we have a 3 year old son and really want to have a stable home environment for him without having to move rentals frequently. We have have good jobs with an income of £80,000 we have managed to save a deposit of £35,000 and just feel completely stuck because of my credit record, so much so that it is causing me to suffer with depression because I feel so down about it.

The defaults showing on my record are:

June 2011 - £72 satisfied
    January 2012 - £328 (registered at my previous address which I moved from in 2010)
    March 2010 - £759 sasatisfied

id appreciate any help or advice anyone has. I'm also in the process of applying to the court to have a CCJ wrongly filed against me at a property I didn't live at anymore. When I moved in with my husband I notified Severn Trent water or my move and received letters through the door from them at our new address before moving in. Approx 2 years after this I discovered they had never cancelled the water at my previous address and had continued to send bills to my old address and notification they were taking me to court, clearly I didn't get any of these! It's for a tiny amount of £65, I was so annoyed when is found out about it, so I'm currently fighting to have it taken off my record!

Re: Default Removal Help!

Any idea what these debts were? Obviously they're settled. Did you pay lowells in 2010 & 2011 - if not we might be able to argue for removal....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

what kind of accounts were they

a default is registered when an account falls in to default, ie you default on contracted payments

I know it;s not what you want to hear but they are very difficult to remove, if you have missed payments or not made the full payment amount. The creditor can report the account conduct to the CRAs and most do. They will disappear in 6 years from your file. How are you getting the CCJ removed?

Comment

The 2011 one was a next account, I think the one at my old address was an orange contract. I don't know what then 2010 one was, possibly a phone contract again. I had no idea any of these times though that they were placing defaults on my record, I just paid outstanding balances.

Comment

The 2010 and 2011 defaults were paid.

Comment

These defaults. You say there are two.

When did you pay them, ie the settled date?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The 2011 one was settled in May 2013, again I didn't know it existed and as soon as I found out I called then and paid it. The 2010 once was paid in October 2010.

Comment

Do you think it's worth while just looking at defaults that will be 3 years old on my record and trying to tackle those? Any idea whether you think removal of the CCJ will be successful?

Comment

Did you pay the CCJ - what date was that registered?

Comment

I didn't pay it, it was registered in March 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrshilton View Post
                      I didn't pay it, it was registered in March 2010.
                      Oh well that will remain for at least 6 years - If I was you I would forget mortgage for now, continue saving for another 3 years until your credit file is spotless and then you'll have a much bigger deposit and not encounter the issues you will if you attempt to get one now - you will be declined, 100% guaranteed - nobody will lend you a mortgage with a CCJ & 2 defaults all within the last 4 years, it just aint gonna happen I'm afraid....

I'd ignore these and continue to save until your file is clear.

Comment

Is there anyway I can apply to get the defaults removed? Are there any circumstances under which Lowells might agree? I have just spoken to Severn Trent and they are sending me all the paperwork from my account so I will now have proof that they were aware I'd moved properties, so hopefully will be able to apply to have the CCJ removed.

problem is if we save for another 3 years were then limiting ourselves, particularly with my husband on the length of mortgage we can have because of age.

Comment

The defaults are nothing. It's the judgment affecting you. Forget it. You had 28 days from the CCJ to pay it to get it set-aside. That's passed so its a 3yr wait sadly.

To remove the judgment you'd need the lender that added it to request removal. Not sure if that can even be done without going to court.

Comment

Without sounding judgemental, was there any reason you didnt set up mail forwarding when you last moved?
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

To be honest it was the first time I had moved in by myself from my parents and didn't know that mail forwarding even existed. The letting agents never forwarded any post onto me. Regardless though of whether I had mail forwarding severn trent water failed to close my account and wrongly charged water, they are in the wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X