GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Two Defaults for the same account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Defaults for the same account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Two Defaults for the same account

I'm not sure - it still means there are 3 entries on the CRA files for the same account .

The second DN entry by EGG, for the same account, was created some considerable time after the account was sold to Cabot and after Egg had change their original entry from DN to Satisfied.

I believe the Consumer Credit Act requires that I need to agree to Egg raising a new DN for the same account once they have removed it from the CCA files, and I certainly haven't agreed.

Comment

I don't think the CCA has anything to do with the recording of account information on your credit file.

The notice should record the date that your account entered the default condition.
      Last edited by gravytrain; 15 December 2012, 09:39.

Comment

The way i understand it is, everytime a debt is sold on a new entry in your CRA will be made and will show a default, however the previous entry must be shown as settled.

If you have 2 or 3 defaults for the same account the first 1 or 2 must show settled and the final one being unselttled.

So do the previous defaults show as settled or not? if not, then they are correct in their assumptions but have failed to realise that the markers havent been updated. In which case you have to speak to the previous owners and get them to update the markers.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi again

Sorry for not responding earlier-had personal problems.

Experian wouldn't remove any of the three entries at first as they stated that only one would effect my credit score. Eventually they got permission from Egg to remove 1 of the entries. Both Egg and Cabot now have entries on Experian with a DN against both entries. Is this correct? If not to whom do I complain?

In the meantime I wrote a letter (heavily modified from one of your templates so as to avoid admitting to the debt in any way) making an offer to Cabot to clear the alleged debt. Cabot didn't acknowledge my letter but about a month later came back with an offer which I cannot pay and to which I haven't replied.

Cabot have now sent me another letter stating that if I don't pay up or agree to a repayment plan within 7 days they will forward the debt to Financial Investigations (Europe) Ltd to collect the debt.

Any help?

Comment

Working...
          X