GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Defaults and Noddle - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defaults and Noddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaults and Noddle

Morning

I have just updated my credit report with Noddle. Nothing untoward, but I notice two defaults have just disappeared?

They are due to be removed after 6 years in October, however they've just vanished! One was a satisfied default from a very old overdraft, the other from a mobile phone I haven't paid for over 6 years. The latter I can only imagine may have been sold on, it was with Arrow and being chased by Scotcall. I asked them for proof of the debt and they've supplied nothing bar one letter asking me to pay up.

The overdraft default is slightly more baffling, as it is satisfied, and has been since 2006. So I'm confused as to why it would just disappear like that. Not that I'm complaining, I'm just now slightly concerned about the quality of information held by Noddle.

Re: Defaults and Noddle

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
    Morning

I have just updated my credit report with Noddle. Nothing untoward, but I notice two defaults have just disappeared?

They are due to be removed after 6 years in October, however they've just vanished!
    For some reason Noddle often seem to remove defaults from your latest report several weeks before the exact 6 years point. I know. Had the same happen with mine.

The OD would come off 6 years from the default date or satisfied date. Whichever is earlier. So presumably that was due to go soon as well?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the reply Rizzle.

Yes, the O/D default was placed 19/10/2006 and the mobile default was placed 05/10/2006. Last payment 02/06/2006.

I have previous months credit reports saved on my laptop so if there's any date changing shennanigans by Scotcall it'll be easy to prove.

I assume if I got my £2 reports from the other two the defaults would still be there?

Comment

Originally posted by asm76 View Post
        I assume if I got my £2 reports from the other two the defaults would still be there?
        Assuming that it's just Noddle removing them early rather than anything else, then yes, they would likely still be on Experian and Equifax if they were there before.

Experian usually remove exactly on 6 years.

Equifax often drag their feet for a few weeks before updating and removing. So don't be surprised if it lingers there after the 6 years point.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

That's fine. I'm in no rush anyway as my last default doesn't drop off until March 2013. I was just surprised to see my report looking cleaner than it has in the last 6 years

Comment

Working...
          X