GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Well butter my kippers! Nationwide default notice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well butter my kippers! Nationwide default notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well butter my kippers! Nationwide default notice

Just received a default notice from Nationwide credit card services.

It generously gives me 21 days from the date on the letter. The date on the letter being 28th October. It was received today, the 5th November. The tight arses sent it second class.

Now I believe they have a legal duty to offer me 14 days from receipt which means they're only giving me 13 days.

The account is likely to be unenforceable (taken out in '97 or round there) but I have been paying a token amount through CCCS regularly although less than the required for perhaps 2 months, I'd be quite happy to continue paying this small amount until hell freezes over but it looks like they're determined to default me.

So the question is what fun can I have with them? As I see it I'll wait until they flog it to a DCA so I'll see the interest stop, then I'll stop payments until they cry then send a CCA request. Or should I be confronting them over the 13 days they've left me with to sort the account and head the default notice off? I have other debts so I'm resigned to getting defaulted at some point.

Re: Well butter my kippers! Nationwide default notice

Just ignore the default, as a result of McGuffick it will stay plus you'll already have others, i'd leave it alone and then argue it later once UE has settled down - it really doesn't affect anything you're doing with your finances or life so seriously, just leave it be.

You'll have plenty to kleep you busy without adding to it! Just my opinion.....

Also, it is deemed served (legally) after 2 days - maybe they will allow 3 as it was 2nd class, but usually the legal norm is 2 days.......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

why are you paying an UE debt anyway lol....?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
        why are you paying an UE debt anyway lol....?
        Because I'm a mug! ;-)

Myself and my wife still haven't decided to go down that road. Only paying a fiver a month at the moment to all our creditors so perhaps we're not under enough pressure to change direction.

Comment

Also got a letter from them on the same day saying that they've 'been made aware that I'm planning to enter into an insolvency procedure'. As a result I'm not allowed to use my card any more. ;LOL

Either they know something I don't or they're incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by roomtobreathe
            Either they know something I don't or they're incompetent.
            Ermmm, lets think about this one shall we ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

They really are 1 1

Comment

Working...
            X