GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Capquest Statuory Demand - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capquest Statuory Demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest Statuory Demand

Hi Guys

I have been reading some of the threads today and think you guys are amazing im hoping that you can help me!!

I started receiving letters from Capquest back in December but I ignored them all as they were after money relating to a Natwest bank account that I have never had! I thought they would realise they had the wrong person but I was wrong there!!

Late February I received the statatory demand and looked around the internet as to what to do, I filled in that I did not have an account with Natwest and gave it to the court. That was in March, my court date is not until the end of July and this is worrying me. I had only just moved in with my partner how they knew I lived there is beyond me but they definitely have the wrong person!!

I have checked my credit file and there is nothing relating to Natwest or Capquest on there. Looking at the SD it looks like there was a default back in 2004 which makes it statute barred?? Obviously I didnt write that on the form as I dont know anything about this account being as it isnt mine!

Is there anything I can do between now & the court date to get rid of this, or any letters I can send? Do they have to show me what supposed "evidence" they have before the court date?

Sorry to ask stupid questions but all this is new to me

Thanks

Sarah

Re: Capquest Statuory Demand

Hiya

Can you scan and send me a copy of the document please?

Is it definitely a SD? ie under 268(1) insolvency act? What date did you receive it and most importantly, when is it dated?

Have you already responded or not?

I'll be back at 6pm ish so try and be around and we'll sort this and the set-aside for you; you have 18 days!!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry I didnt get back to you last night, I have already responded to get it set aside back in March just stating that I have never had an account with NatWest Bank.

The court hearing is not until the end of July and I have heard nothing from Capquest so I guess they are waiting for the hearing - the amount outstanding is £1100.

Thanks

Comment

Absolutely bonkers that natwest would do this!!

Best of luck!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

There is definitely something wrong here. Capquest are currently sending out SD's left, right and centre to scare people into paying. The SD costs them nothing, but the actions that follow do cost them.

In your case it does not appear to be a scare tactic if you actually have a court date. Make sure you keep on top of your defence and get a copy of everything they are intending to produce in court - it will be very interesting to see how they prove you owe money for an account you've never had.

Comment

Working...
          X