GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Did something stupid, paid the wrong dca doh - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did something stupid, paid the wrong dca doh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did something stupid, paid the wrong dca doh

God I feel thick, at least its not much money.
    I was on an agreement with Moorcroft to pay them £5 a month, I had paid 2 months straight from my account then this morning I received a letter from my bank saying they had received a letter for me which was from Fredrickson. Basically I had sent payment to the wrong DCA ie to Fredrickson instead of Moorcroft, all these different damn companies I must of used the wrong letter.
    The letter basically said "we have received this payment and have been unable to allocate it correctly, please call us so we can allocate the payment to your account" clearly my MC reference made no sense.
    Moorcroft are cool and ive sent them a tenner to cover the 2 months but Fredrickson did have my unenforceable Capital 1 account last. I guess what im wondering is should I just let them keep the tenner and save any potential hassle that may come from trying to get the cash back or ask for it back.

(bows head in shame at muppetness)
    Last edited by BigCraigJohn; 27 February 2011, 01:34.

Re: Did something stupid, paid the wrong dca doh

Why not just contact the DCA and ask for a refund as you paid to wrong account - obviously.

Act thick, as though you're not in debt etc..... give your mates name, whatever! So long as you match the account details and ask them to return it they should do....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Haha cheers.
      The thick act wont be hard

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
        Haha cheers.
        The thick act wont be hard
        I'm sayin nuffin mate

Best of luck
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Dementia?

Comment

Just blonde.

Comment

Well, more greying blonde.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCraigJohn View Post
                Well, more greying blonde.

Comment

Working...
                X