GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Optima Legal Harassment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optima Legal Harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optima Legal Harassment

This is basically a warning to anyone with a tomlin or court judgement in regards to this company.

They have just taken to phoning me up it extract more money out of me despite there being a tomlin order in place.

I made quiet clear that the tomlin order did not make arrangment for any increase in the payments I am making and gave an end date of payments for the amount I am paying.

I told her to mark the file do not call or write unless I miss a payment and any further calls will be considered harassment and I would get an injunction order if it continues.

They quickly hung up.

Re: Optima Legal Harrasment

Optima...........

They rang me the other week.......wanting me to increase payments.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

must be feeling the pinch...................

Comment

Why they will never get another penny out of me:

Yup a bunch of crooks
        Attached Files
        Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17 April 2013, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          Why they will never get another penny out of me:

Yup a bunch of crooks
          I've deleated that attachment....had all your personal details on.....
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was trying to edit Pompeys post too Deepie
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
              I've deleated that attachment....had all your personal details on.....
              Originally posted by IF View Post
              I was trying to edit Pompeys post too Deepie
              At least we know where he lives

Comment

Opps sorry was so long ago forgot about that cheers

Comment

This is basically a warning to anyone with a tomlin or court judgement in regards to this company.

They have just taken to phoning me up it extract more money out of me despite there being a tomlin order in place.

I made quiet clear that the tomlin order did not make arrangment for any increase in the payments I am making and gave an end date of payments for the amount I am paying.

I told her to mark the file do not call or write unless I miss a payment and any further calls will be considered harassment and I would get an injunction order if it continues.

They quickly hung up.
                  They are the pits Pompey

Comment

Re: Optima Legal Harassment

Indeed Vint read the statement I have now edited

Comment

The court cannot vary a Tomlin Order. Optima Legal cannot vary a Tomlin Order. Your thread title is correct. This is harassment so tell 'em that They won't ring you again. Quote this at them:

http://www.wragge.com/analysis_6022.asp

Comment

Thanks PlanB just what I need will now write a letter of complaint enclosing the crux of this link.

Comment

And this is the crux:

Previous authorities on consent orders have been vague and inconsistent. This decision clarifies that the court does not have the power to vary terms in schedules to Tomlin Orders except on the usual basis for interfering with contracts. Keep this in mind when preparing a Tomlin schedule. Know what you are agreeing to. If it is likely that the terms may need to be varied then a clearly defined express provision to do so will be required.

And there are none in this case just the amount to pay which is £20 a month with an end date to the tomlin order contract.

Comment

Thanks PlanB just what I need will now write a letter of complaint enclosing the crux of this link.
                            A letter of complaint to Optima Legal and a letter of complaint to the SRA too. I see the firm has already been sanctioned twice on conduct issues so another complaint could add a nail in its coffin

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/soli...cle?ref=search *

* I hope that link doesn't time out - click on agreement

Comment

Yes PlanB I am well aware of the reprimand they already have and the issues around it which are not fully printed from the SRA
                              Last edited by pompeyfaith; 17 April 2013, 19:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X