GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Why do they use so many names? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do they use so many names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do they use so many names?

I am somewhat confused as to why DCA's insist on using so many different names? It seems to me quite underhand.

for example a notice of assignment from an OC who state 1st credit(finance) has purchased debt blah blah blah and that 1st credit Ltd is managing the account on their behalf, why not just have 1 company?

I have looked on the FCA register to try and understand the relationship between the 2, and it looks like there are 13 linked companies with different status'

Is it because 1st credit (finance) Ltd status has lapsed they have to allow someone else to manage it? if they are the same then why not just purchase under 1st credit Ltd

I have the same thing with Cabot, however I have no notices of assignment from them so its even more unclear.

Thanks

...and so many telephone numbers. To confuse and confound.

Comment

Hmmm sneaky!

Comment

Yeah I think this is what's happening to me. Mint credit cards chasing me for a debt via westcot. Coop CC have sold my debt to link but it will be managed by someone else!
        it can get very confusing but when I CCA them I think it will take them longer to find out all the info, so possibly could work in my favour!?!?!? (Not completely sure about this though)!
        Last edited by vaper; 24 October 2017, 09:28.

Comment

ha ha it will be like Chinese whispers with them all and they will end up sending you something completely different by the time it goes up the line and back down

Comment

This is what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Working...
            X