GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The BR friendly Basic Bank Account ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal] - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The BR friendly Basic Bank Account ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The BR friendly Basic Bank Account ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal]

Sorry guys I am still being thick and thinking for the future. If I do go BR (looking less likely at the mo but still a possibility in the future ( I am in a better place for dealing with my debts) will the coop freeze my cashminder account?
    Second question after my recent problems will I appear on the CIFAS register?

Comment

Re: The BR friendly Basic Bank Account ~ [Updated Sep 2012 re: Co-op Cashminder withdrawal]

[QUOTE=jon1965;233020]Sorry guys I am still being thick and thinking for the future. If I do go BR (looking less likely at the mo but still a possibility in the future ( I am in a better place for dealing with my debts) will the coop freeze my cashminder account?
      Second question after my recent problems will I appear on the CIFAS register?[/QUOTE] No it clearly states they will allow existing customers to use their accounts - it is closed to new applicants.

CIFAS is nothing to do with BR - if you dispute an entry then it's easy to get rid of it?

No you will not appear on CIFAS and so what if you are? It's probably not a bad thing mate cos it'll stop you getting more credit :)) Don't worry about CIFAS

:beer
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Niddy for both bits of advice. Put my mind at rest

Comment

[QUOTE=Flowerpower;233069]Couldn't Jon appear on CIFAS for a reason other than BR? :winks ;W ;W[/QUOTE] yes, most probably already is due to the recent PDL's but as I say, they won't do him any harm - they only last 13 months and might be a good thing for him, although that said it's hard to say as PDL's don't generally use CIFAS.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

[QUOTE=Flowerpower;233129]Or maybe due to other recent events... :winks ;W ;W[/QUOTE] pm please :geeky

Comment

[QUOTE=Flowerpower;233129]Or maybe due to other recent events... :winks ;W ;W[/QUOTE] no. cifas is only for credit related fraud.... hence the name. Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance Scheme (CIFAS) :beer

Comment

I was listening to Radio 2 today and they had someone from the Co-op group on talking about their massive debit this year. Do you think there will be any fall out for the bank accounts? I have two Co-op accounts, following my BR, and have a concern in case there is a problem as I'm not sure anywhere else would have me!

Comment

I don't know the answer to that, LATE, but I also bank with Co-op (as many on here do) so will be interested in what the future holds for Co-op as a group.

For your information though, Barclays bank offer basic accounts to all bankrupts, so don't worry, you would be able to bank elsewhere.
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Agree with diddly, do try Barclay's they'll except you LATE :beer

Cash Card Account - [URL="http://www.barclays.co.uk/Currentaccounts/Packagedaccounts/CashCardAccount/P1242557963900"]Click here[/URL]
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions but Barclay's (or one of their subsidiaries Clydesdale) was included in my BR - and actually still hasn't been cleared from my Credit Report - only for a small amount but not sure they would welcome me back :)

I actually like my Co-op account, had it for over 6 years now, so will stick with it for now and wait to see what happens - who knows what will happen and I complete my 6 years post being declared BR in just over 12 months :)

Comment

[QUOTE=LATE;392067]Thanks for the suggestions but Barclay's (or one of their subsidiaries Clydesdale) was included in my BR - and actually still hasn't been cleared from my Credit Report - only for a small amount but not sure they would welcome me back :)

I actually like my Co-op account, had it for over 6 years now, so will stick with it for now and wait to see what happens - who knows what will happen and I complete my 6 years post being declared BR in just over 12 months :)[/QUOTE]

They will still give you a basic account, proven on here and other forums.

This is what we say to folks about to go BR and they have had no problems no matter how much they owed Barclays in their BR

[QUOTE]If Barclays are a creditor you can open the Cash Card Account after you are BR.[/QUOTE]

But I understand you sticking with the Co-op :beer
                        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Thanks, that's useful to know :)

Comment

Working...
                          X