GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tarquin Wilson pensioner harassment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tarquin Wilson pensioner harassment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarquin Wilson pensioner harassment

Hello everyone, ill keep this real short. My dad used allay, a company to retreive ppi. After some time, His ppi from different places were redunded, allay took their share and that was the end of it...or so he thought. He now has someone called tarquin wilson saying we owe them £1400. We've never heard of these so we have no idea why theyre chasing him. Tarquin are getting dcbl to send letters to frighten my poor old dad whos over 80 now and hes losing sleep over it and we dont know if this can even be true or not. Ive asked tarquin to send information about this debt but they havent followed through. What would be the best template i could use to send tarquin or dcbl to get information about this apparent debt. Ill pay an aad forum membership fee again if needed as this place has helped me out before a few years back now.

Thanks for reading.

Have you checked any records that you have relating to the PPI claims to ascertain what has and hasn’t been received and from whom?
    do Allay still exist? Possibly send a SAR to see what information you can glean from that? a SAR is a legal request so they are obliged to respond.

Comment

there are a lot of complaints on many sites Allay claims, allay do exist (nobody can say why after all the complaints sent to FCA etc
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Boink™ View Post
        ppi from different places were redunded, allay took their share and that was the end of it...or so he thought. He now has someone called tarquin wilson saying we owe them £1400. We've never heard of these so we have no idea why theyre chasing him. Tarquin are getting dcbl to send letters to frighten my poor old dad whos over 80 now and hes losing sleep over it and we dont know if this can even be true or not. Ive asked tarquin to send information about this debt but they havent followed through.

Hello

I notice your Dad is being frightened by the letters from DCBL who are an 'enforcement' company (i.e. bailiffs). They are infamous for strutting their stuff on Channel 5's television series "Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away" where they're seen evicting poor families who fall foul of repossession etc. > https://dcbltd.com/

Channel 5 were quite properly taken to court for invasion of one family's privacy when they were filmed in a distressed state. The case was won and they had to apologise publicly and pay the family substantial damages > https://hamlins.com/channel-5-apolog...-away-victims/

Is there a remote possibility that Allay or Wilson Tarquin have already obtained a CCJ without your Dad knowing? Has he moved house since the PPI reclaims were made and paid?

Wilson Tarquin are FCA authorised so you can make a complaint (to get them to call off the dogs i.e. DCBL) and then escalate that to the FOS if necessary. Wilson Tarquin's Complaints Procedure is here > http://www.wilsontarquin.co.uk/complaints-policy/

I think this may take more than a Template Letter to resolve.

In the meantime DCBL claim to have a Code of Ethics and "focus on vulnerability identification" which can be dealt with by their Welfare and Support Team, so maybe that team needs to be made aware of your Dad being over 80 years old while this mess gets unravelled?

Di

Comment

Working...
        X