GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Received my PIP form today - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received my PIP form today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Received my PIP form today

My SIL was turned down for PIP after being on it for years. She asked for a mandatory reconsideration via a phone call (she couldn't face going to an assessment again) and had it re-instated. A lot of her problems stem from childhood too S2M.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'm off to get some help from my chiropractor (there is also a physio if I need one as my assessor was a physio) and have booked to talk to someone about my claim on Thursday. I'm also going to write a statement detailing how my health affects me. My mums PA us also going to write a statement as she has seen me go downhill in the last 5 years. She used to work for me and when I 'retired' she started as my mums PA. I've read that things like this may help. I'd been on DLA since I was 21. I injured my ankle when I was a teenager and became a postlady and injured it again which meant they dismissed me from my job. A lot more to it, but won't go into detail here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
        My SIL was turned down for PIP after being on it for years. She asked for a mandatory reconsideration via a phone call (she couldn't face going to an assessment again) and had it re-instated. A lot of her problems stem from childhood too S2M.
        Because i have phobias and one is a fear of medication i have been prescribed many different medications but i am too fearful to take any , my doctor even offered to monitor me while i took the medication but i was too fearful . This was seen as me managing my condition which i do not and argued that if i am fearful it proves i am not managing my condition .
        I've never applied for any benefit for my condition until last year and it was the most traumatic experience ever and the assessment made me ill i had a massage panic attack during the assessment and the report came back that i was calm and cooperated without incident . they just fail you because it saves the government money .
        My childhood was none existent i was so ill nobody knows what i went through and i opened my heart to the assessor but it didn't make any difference , she was more interested in my finger nails - saying they were french manicured , i just don't bite my nails i don't do anything with them but apparently they are french manicured . When i read the report i was angry and devastated by the lies she had told about me . My MR was quickly turned down for the same reasons as she said that i manage my condition as i do not take meds, it didn't say the reason why they just turned me down . I did get 4 points for face to face as i wear dark glasses with anyone new and that got me 4 points , then i got 2 points for agoraphobia but needed 6 to be awarded .

Comment

Working...
        X