GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCJ getting it written off because of mental health ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCJ getting it written off because of mental health ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ getting it written off because of mental health ?

Didn't know where to post this , but my husband asked me to post this .

I'm suffering severe anxiety panic phobias and agoraphobia , i am receiving treatment and therapy from professionals.

This CCJ in my name is being paid back at £3.89 a month , yeah i know it isn't a lot but my husband thought maybe we could try and get it written off because of my health problems and that it would be one less thing for me to worry about .

thanks

s2m xx

Re: CCJ getting it written off because of mental health ?

Hi S2M,
    Sorry to read of your husbands predicament. I seem to recall a Niddy special (outside of the template area embedded in a thread somewhere) regarding something along these lines. Not sure if anyone else remembers it/is the member benefiting from it.
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi S2M,
      I've moved your thread to the Debt with a Disability Section
      Sorry to read of your problems.
      A few queries to see if it's worth you trying for a write off on health grounds. (Sorry if it sounds like a PIP questionnaire )
      Do you have any letters from your doctor/consultant confirming your mental health problems?
      What treatment are you having...and do you have written proof of that?
      Are you in financial hardship too, eg is your income reduced as a result of your illness or purely from benefits, and would you be prepared to submit an income and expenses form if they requested one?

Elsa x

Comment

i could get a letter from my gp and open minds therapist i have proof of medication , also been awarded full help with nhs prescriptions eye tests glasses dental costs because of low wages i don't mind doing an income and expenditure i haven't worked for years because of my illness due to agoraphobia x

ps i have appointment cards from 'open minds' my mental health illness is right back from 1973 x

Comment

Went to the doctors Wednesday and he is writing a letter out for me to send to the creditor who has a ccj and i am picking it up Monday , my next appointment at 'open minds' is 7 March so i can ask for a letter too as my doctor agrees that if i can get this debt written off it will help my illness.

I'm feeling quite down today i have on and off days x

Comment

Dark cold days don't help either do they?

When you have both your letters send me a pm to remind me and I'll help you with the write off request if you wish S2M xxx

Comment

thank you Elsa xx

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                I'm feeling quite down today i have on and off days x
                Awww, don't feel down. We all have "off days"

In fact my default position is "off day" and then I work backwards from that with varying degrees of success. No hope in the winter despite the 'light box' my friend persuaded me to buy.

I'm a big fan of 'talking therapy' (I wonder why ) as opposed to medication because it works.

Getting shot of this CCJ will undoubtedly remove an anxiety for you. But then again ask yourself what can this CCJ actually do to harm you if you don't get rid of it?

Maybe tell us how much is outstanding on the CCJ in case your fears are unfounded. If the balance is less than £1k then there's no way the Claimant/creditor can get a charging order on your home. If the debt is in your sole name even if they did get a 'CO' on your home it would only be a relatively meaningless Restriction until you sell your home.

Take Care.

Plan B x

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  Awww, don't feel down. We all have "off days"

In fact my default position is "off day" and then I work backwards from that with varying degrees of success. No hope in the winter despite the 'light box' my friend persuaded me to buy.

I'm a big fan of 'talking therapy' (I wonder why ) as opposed to medication because it works.

Getting shot of this CCJ will undoubtedly remove an anxiety for you. But then again ask yourself what can this CCJ actually do to harm you if you don't get rid of it?

Maybe tell us how much is outstanding on the CCJ in case your fears are unfounded. If the balance is less than £1k then there's no way the Claimant/creditor can get a charging order on your home. If the debt is in your sole name even if they did get a 'CO' on your home it would only be a relatively meaningless Restriction until you sell your home.

Take Care.

Plan B x

ha ha you cheer me up xx
                  Its under 600 now but going on forever and just getting rid will be a good thing and one more debt gone in my eyes.
                  I just got a letter from my GP that confirms my anxiety and depression since 1973 and confirms my most recent visit this February , cost £14.50 , but it is proof that i have been ill for so long .

I am happier today had a nice weekend with my hubby went to my nieces engagement party Saturday evening and the sunshine of my life was there (my grandson) got me dancing -well i say dancing it was more about him running around on the dance floor and him telling me to follow lol ,, bless him he is my tonic any time .

I hope the therapist at 'open minds' isn't going to charge me for a letter

thanks everyone for the support xxx

Comment

I have both letters now so will pm Undercover Elsa and see if we can get something sent off if I can get this written off it would be one less thing on my mind to worry about

Comment

I’ve just had some debt written off due to health. Had been paying token payments since 2010 of a £1 for quite a substantial amount. I was asked to provide a letter from GP and evidence of benefits. Took a while to get a response after sending in everything but all done now

Comment

Originally posted by Ash5896 View Post
                        I’ve just had some debt written off due to health. Had been paying token payments since 2010 of a £1 for quite a substantial amount. I was asked to provide a letter from GP and evidence of benefits. Took a while to get a response after sending in everything but all done now

That's good to hear

The FCA Handbook (CONC 7) gives businesses clear guidance on dealing with vulnerable consumers.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

That's good to hear

The FCA Handbook (CONC 7) gives businesses clear guidance on dealing with vulnerable consumers.

Di

Thank you for all the help on here.
                          Cabot have been a nightmare to deal with but I’m so happy it’s taken a lot of stress off me from debt collecting agencies.
                          They weren’t easy to deal with and just caused more stress every time I spoke to them. Most of this was before I came across this forum. With all the advice on here from members I can’t thank you enough. I still am dealing with another two and hope to get these resolved too once things are back to normal

Comment

Working...
                          X