GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Sucessful compensation for Currys/PC World shambles - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Sucessful compensation for Currys/PC World shambles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sucessful compensation for Currys/PC World shambles

Just thought id let you guys know I successfully managed to get compensation by way of £130 from Currys for their stupidity.

My mother ordered an electric oven and gas hob from them 3 weeks ago. The gas hob was being sent direct from the manufacturer because it was out of stock. She paid a total of £120 for fitting and £10 delivery charge.

When the gas hob turned up, the delivery driver was not gas safe registered and so couldn't fit the gas hob.

When currys turned up to deliver the electric oven, they too were not dual fuel fitters, so couldn't fit the gas hob.

After telephoning currys they assured us they would send a dual fuel fitter and re scheduled fitting for another day.

The day before they were due, I rang them to confirm a dual fuel fitter would be coming and they assured me they would be.

2nd time they showed up, again, wasn't a duel fuel fitter, after telephoning again and complaining, all currys were prepared to do was re book again, but this time, couldn't send anyone for a further 2 weeks!

So it took them 3 weeks from delivery to actually fit both the hob and oven.

Well I wasn't gonna let that one slip, so I found the CEO at ceomail.com and wrote an email. Basically saying how could a big retail outlet like currys not get something as simple as the right fitter for the job, explained my mothered health issues and asked for compensation for the fitting cost and delivery charge.

Within 3 hours I got a phone call, apologising and was told they were sending a cheque for £130 asap.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: My Sucessful compensation for Currys/PC World shambles

Well done matey
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Drinks on you then brilliant xxx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Couldn't have done it without AAD, as without you guys id never have had the inclination to even complain to the top chief. But because ive seen how successful its been for other members with other complaints, I thought id give it a bash.

Comment

good one SX, no point messing around with the drones, they can never do anything, straight to the top very time

Comment

Working...
          X