GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Complain to the OFT - AAD Consumer Forum


No announcement yet.

Complain to the OFT

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Complain to the OFT

    Complain to the OFT

    If you want advice on your consumer rights, go to Consumer Direct. Consumer Direct is a service managed by the OFT that offers clear, practical advice on all kinds of consumer issues, from problems with cars to faulty household appliances. You can also get advice before and after you buy goods, tips on energy supplier and postal service issues, and how to watch out for, and report scams. Consumer Direct will provide general advice. The OFT cannot act on your behalf or intervene in individual disputes to help you get your money back.

    Consumer Direct is the government funded telephone and online service offering information and advice on consumer issues. Consumer Direct is funded by the Office of Fair Trading and delivered in partnership with Local Authority Trading Standards Services.
    Call Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 or visit the Consumer Direct website.
    Consumer Direct service
    Telephone calls are charged for via the 0845 number, which will cost no more than 4p per minute for BT customers (other networks vary).The service operates from 08.00 - 18.30 Monday to Friday and from 09.00 - 13.00 on Saturday, excluding bank holidays.

    A Welsh-speaking Consumer Direct service is available on 08454 04 05 05 and a minicom service on 08451 28 13 84.

    Advisers are trained in all aspects of consumer rights and help people to take the best course of action when they have a consumer problem by giving legally correct advice. We do not intervene in consumer matters, such as taking action against a trader, and Consumer Direct isn't a legal service.

    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

    If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: